Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust opinions 2012 XC-W 500

I just got a 2012 xc-w 500 and would like more bark out of the exhaust .The stock exhaust is too whimpy for me. Any suggestions? Just a slip-on pipe not the full system.

Thanks!

I'm completely brand new to the off road two wheel world so i'm probably the wrong person to ask. But to me it flys! lol I have a bunch of picture sin my photobucket if you want a closer look at anything. Have you seen one yet?

I'm completely brand new to the off road two wheel world...................

Since you're new you might consider many of us are rather opposed to the loud pipe bit. Most of us have lost virtually all of our riding areas, loud pipes being one of the myriad causes.

Since you're new you might consider many of us are rather opposed to the loud pipe bit. Most of us have lost virtually all of our riding areas, loud pipes being one of the myriad causes.

Plus one. Amen.

Until loud pipes are completely banned from competition, this thought process will continue i'm afraid. Only when the top pros are kicking butt on quiet bikes, and you simply cannot buy a loud pipe or enter a race,ride or event with a loud pipe,will this thinking stop.If you drive 300 miles to a race and get turned away at tech for a loud pipe,at every race you go to,quiet pipes will be on everyones bikes. And guess what- level playing field again!You will win a race on your skill level,not on how much noise you make.

Edited by Ud_Luz
Personal attack.

We will absolutely adhere to the rules as laid out by the owners of TT in the KTM forums.

Personal attacks, profanity and such will result in posting privileges being revoked in KTM.

Thank You.

+1!! Don't need know loud pipes.

i got the powerparts ti slip on unit (fmf) for my new 500 xc-w, it comes with the 94 db inset and spark arrestor....its waaaay throatier than stock but will still pass sound inspection. the sound is not annoyingly increased just sounds as though it should. combine that with the JD tuner and the sicass ignition plugs (wild of course) this thing runs like nothing i've ever ridden in the dirt (and i've ridden some pretty wild $hit over the yrs):bonk:

oh ya,2 lbs lighter too!! combine that with the shorai 14a battery and you've dropped almost 5 lbs of wt up high on the bike.

Edited by ncmountainman

rode yesterday and had richard @ B.M.M.S test the sound....we weren't sure of the exact testing procedure but results were 85 db @idle and 93 db @2500 rpm

this was measured 20" back on a 45' angle to the bike. rpms were figured by some whirlygig wire unit placed on the seat(worked off vibration),he said it was made by briggs and stratton....definately old school !!

so seems as though there are responsible avenues :smirk: