Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Could the GOAT

I agree... I think he'd have his hands full in SX. Put him outdoors and he would still be a threat no doubt. Wouldnt be a cake walk though, the competition is there to stay. I think he could pull off 4 or 5 healthy wins throughout the season.

Of course he would have to get back in shape first.

Call me crazy but I think Poto reminds me and awful lot of RC back in his younger days.

Right now? NO! A year of training and weight loss, YES! I think he said during the MEC he could only do a few fast laps and then fades.

Does anyone blame him for putting on a few pounds? His whole life was about eating right and exercise. Now he's in a career that he can let loose a little bit. Well earned imo.

• Like 1

I think he could be competive, but to win is a whole different story. I remember a interview a few years ago where he was saying that he just couldnt be competive with JS and that it was getting very hard to beat him. Looking 5yrs down the road, RV is just so fast, but then again CR has beat him and RC was spanking CR!

I think RCs biggest advantage over anyone is the drive and heart, not many riders have those strengths.

I agree... no reason for him to cut weight anymore. He's worked very hard to win everything possible! He has nothing more to prove on a motorcycle. PERIOD.

I agree... no reason for him to cut weight anymore. He's worked very hard to win everything possible! He has nothing more to prove on a motorcycle. PERIOD.

I agree as well, just curious how many folks thought he could come out and win again...

^^^ If he started training now I think he would defiantly win in the outdoors. He wouldn't dominate like he did the past but defiantly win quite a few races.

I think he may win a race here and there like windham maybe but that's it. Look at McGrath. He still races and rides very often from what it seems like and freaking stroupe had him beAt by a few seconds if not more at day in the dirt. Jermey may not be going all out but still.

I still wish he would come out for his fans one or two rounds durring the MX season to keep his nat. # even though the first person to claim his number might not have a house to return to b/c Im sure it will be burned down. Even if he rode at 80% his fans would love it... I know I would.

I still wish he would come out for his fans one or two rounds durring the MX season to keep his nat. # even though the first person to claim his number might not have a house to return to b/c Im sure it will be burned down. Even if he rode at 80% his fans would love it... I know I would.

I don't know man. It would be great to see the Goat on the gate again but I'd about bet RC has no after thoughts of ever jumping back on a bike at a competitive level.

He made his legacy with a lot of heart & soul put forth to get there but speaking from someone who knows the feeling of totally being burned out on a sport I put a lot of time into (on a much-much smaller scale than RC) it is hard to even fathom a thought about getting started again.

As for his weight, we can all poke fun at him for being the "chubby champ" but he has earned every extra pound he feels like putting on.

No way. He's out of shape, just look at the picture posted earlier in this thread.

"If" he wanted to get back into it, I think he could still win. "Wanting" to is the key because that is what made RC so dominant, that one word... "want."

I'm kinda old. I had a young guy (thinking his generation has it all figured out) ask me if someone like DeCoster, Hannah, etc, could still win with todays talent that's out there. Sure they could... if they grew up with todays bikes, diets, training, I believe past champs would step right up when given todays knowledge. It's all about "want" IMO. Much about success is achieved by following a role-model... (Reed learned by studying MC, Dungey has done the same while focused on RC, and todays technology allows these current racers to add to the training process.) I've been to Gary Bailey's MX School, he studys, mimics, teaches, what the current fast guys are doing.

To get back into shape would take a long time. Longer than most think. He is probably a shell, and a big one at that, of who he used to be. Not dissing him, just appreciating how good of shape you have to be in to compete and especially win.

As far as Strouppe being faster than McGrath, Strouppe is way fast for short periods of time and I'm sure McGrath was having fun. He's been hurt trying to go fast since his retirement I believe.

Of COURSE he could. He's still young. He's the GOAT for a reason. After a solid year of his unmatched training and determination, he'd bring the same firepower he always did. It's rediculous to suggest his level wasn't up to the current one. Rediculous.

Would he ever?? Not a chance. No reason to.