Sign in to follow this  

kx250 transmssion rebuild kit?

Hey guys I recently bought a 2000 kx250 with a bad transmission from a buddy. All of the bearings and seals need to be replaced. Does anyone know of a company that offers a complete bearing and seal kit for the tranny?

the trans bearings can be ordered from any company that deals with bearings. they just need the number codes that are printed on the bearing race. or you can order them from the dealership. threw the dealership it will run you around $170. i know cause im in the same boat. and youll need a blind bearing puller or have the dealership pull them out for you. cost me $40 to have one bearing pulled cause i couldn't get it to budge.

Go to RockyMoumtainMC for a tusk blind bearing puller at a good price, it is a nice one and I have and use one all the time. I don't have bearings but if you need gears let me know I have some I don't need.

Ed

Just looked on RM. I made some tools today to get the bearings out but my problem is the waterpump bearing and the other small bearing above it. Hopefully the Tusk kit has one small enough. Oh by the way, what company is the best for my crank bearings? Im leaning towards All Balls. Thanks for all the help.

I don't have bearings but if you need gears let me know I have some I don't need.

Ed

Thanks for the offer! Fortunately the gears are in good shape! :bonk:

i heated my case up and used a long screw in vise grips and tapped them out from the backside. worked pretty good. others say to heat the case and bang it on a flat surface. though that may work, i pesonally didnt like the idea. as for all balls, theres a thread on here and a big stink about them being made in china and the quality not on par with oem. im going to use hotrods most likely with seals. thats unless the guys from work pull threw for me. they are suppose to order all my bearings for me for free.

if you need gears let me know I have some I don't need.

Ed

:bonk: You probobly have a 5 gallon pail full of trans parts from all your swaps. haha!

While you have that tranny apart, replace all the clips and space shims which hold the gears in place. Kawi OEM bearings are the best. Use OEM and forget the rest.

Just looked on RM. I made some tools today to get the bearings out but my problem is the waterpump bearing and the other small bearing above it. Hopefully the Tusk kit has one small enough. Oh by the way, what company is the best for my crank bearings? Im leaning towards All Balls. Thanks for all the help.

allballs is garbage. skf, koyo or nachi

normally the jap oem bearings are good. not sure on kawi but theyre probly koyo or similar, made in japan. somebody around here thats taken these engines apart could tell you. there is no cross reference for other bearing manufacturers. just get the number from the side of the old bearing and it will be the same number for skf or any other brand. the website lists all their bearings