Sign in to follow this  

crf230 fork swap

Aright I think I've done my research on this swap. I scored a set of 2001 cr125 forks, Im going the EMIG stem method. From what i understand ill need the cr125 wheel, axle, fender, and triple trees. I do have a couple of questions about this swap.

1. Am i going to need the front caliper and disk from the cr125?

2. Not ready for investing in the works shock so what crf150 parts will raise rear?

3. Does anyone know about limiting travel in the front forks in order to bring the front end down?

Hey Ride-onn, I did the CR125 swap, I used a 03 CR125R front end with the Emig stem. The 230 brake caliber will bolt right up to the forks. I used the 125 brakes only because the brake line is a little longer. I also used complete 125 wheel with rotor. Im only 5'5 so I did have the front forks shortened and revalved. Cant really help on rear cause I did go with works shock. Any questions feel free to PM me. Good Luck wpb230f

All my parts are on order just have to wait anxiously for a couple weeks

Well I pressed my stem in and put the triple trees on, but when I went to grab the parts I picked up from Honda there was only 2 bushings for the forks so I couldn't put the forks back together this weekend. Picked up a 120 main jet and moved the clip on the needle as well as removed the snorkle. Just need those 2 bushings and a set of fat bars. This project wasn't cheap so Im gunna ride the bike for a few weeks before ordering the 150 linkage for the rear.

looks way better then the shitty stock forks,looks like you gained a lot of height at the front.

It looks like more in the pic but its not even that chopperish. Id put a 150 link in the back and it would be mint. Dont think its worth shortening the forks. Its the perfect height now im 6.2 so stock the bike was a little small

I actually got the bike out yesterday took it to a spot with lots of big whoops. It floated over top of them compared to the old forks that tried to buck you off. Gunna set my sag this week and still gotta order a new pilot get. Hoping to try some scambles this spring.

Got the bike out today cr124 forks are awesome no revalve or shortening and the re jet gives way more power......awesome wheeles