Sign in to follow this  

Washington Street Conversion Results?

Post here if you've had your bike inspected under SB5800 to get a plate for your ORV. I know there's another thread about the legislative side of this law, But I was hoping this thread would be for only real world results.

Since the law doesn't go into effect for a more days, has anyone heard FIRSTHAND from any dealers who have said they will do the inspections?

Hopefully next week we'll hear about some actual results:ride:

Wasnt this whole thing in a holding pattern at the moment?

Not officially. It sounds like the DOL is trying to require some overly restrictive federal requirements for the inspection, but there has been some speculation that some dealers would ignore it or find loopholes or something to that effect. To my knowledge, on January 1st dealerships will be able to perform the inspections.

What I want to know is if the requirements are being followed to a "T," and whether or not they actually are as prohibitive as some fear.

I am also interested in learning if the plate is a standard plate or not, I thought I read that the plate will only be good for non-highway riding. It would still be cool to plate, but even better to make a bike that you can take a highways too once in a while.

I am also interested in learning if the plate is a standard plate or not, I thought I read that the plate will only be good for non-highway riding. It would still be cool to plate, but even better to make a bike that you can take a highways too once in a while.

Conversions persuant to RCW46.61.705 (SB5800) will be fully legal for street use.

It is unclear what sort of actual plate will be issued by the DoL.

SB5366 is the bill that could allow limited nonhighway use.

That bill was killed last year and will be reintroduced next month.

Brent with I-90 posted on the other thread that they have put a CRF250X together and are ready to run it through the process and see what happens.

Conversions persuant to RCW46.61.705 (SB5800) will be fully legal for street use.

It is unclear what sort of actual plate will be issued by the DoL.

Seriously? Why??

Seriously? Why??

I led the way to kill 5366 in the House Transportation Committee last year when it was to be amended to turn it into an anti-ORV bill.

It would have only allowed ORV use on roads and trails that have been engineered specifically for ORV use. No roads are engineered for that and all but the newest trails were not engineered specifically for ORV use. That language would have banned almost all ORV use in the state.

Additionally it would have made the criminal penalties for riding anywhere it was not specifically allowed worse than the penalties for stealing the same vehicle.

Or are you asking why it is being reintroduced?

That is because some supporter are hoping for a better result this year.

I know of a 2012 xc350 that got plated no problem

also know of another that got denied.

Do you know any specifics as to why one was allowed and one was denied? Different equipment,or just a different inspector?

I led the way to kill 5366 in the House Transportation Committee last year when it was to be amended to turn it into an anti-ORV bill.

It would have only allowed ORV use on roads and trails that have been engineered specifically for ORV use. No roads are engineered for that and all but the newest trails were not engineered specifically for ORV use. That language would have banned almost all ORV use in the state.

Additionally it would have made the criminal penalties for riding anywhere it was not specifically allowed worse than the penalties for stealing the same vehicle.

Or are you asking why it is being reintroduced?

That is because some supporter are hoping for a better result this year.

Sorry Tod, this, I should have been more specific, I was glad it died, now bringing it back when he have all these budget mess's, what a bunch of tools.:bonk:

Do you know any specifics as to why one was allowed and one was denied? Different equipment,or just a different inspector?

I would bet different dol offices