Sign in to follow this  

Breaking in Alpinestar tech 10 boots

Just got my self a new pair of Alpinestar Tech 10's and they feel way different that my other tech 10s. I bought my first Alpinestar tech 10's used off ebay broken in. This is my first ever new set of boots. When I put them on they rubbed my ankels bad. I was thinking...maybe my old boots were not so bad...but its time for a new set. Whats the best way to break them in. Ive heard of putting them in the oven??? Is that crazy or do people really do that. How long do they take to break in. Any tips??? Thanks

Just got my self a new pair of Alpinestar Tech 10's and they feel way different that my other tech 10s. I bought my first Alpinestar tech 10's used off ebay broken in. This is my first ever new set of boots. When I put them on they rubbed my ankels bad. I was thinking...maybe my old boots were not so bad...but its time for a new set. Whats the best way to break them in. Ive heard of putting them in the oven??? Is that crazy or do people really do that. How long do they take to break in. Any tips??? Thanks

They are easy to break in. Just walk around in them. The inside booty has to adjust to your foot. Tech 10s are mostly rubber on the lower half, the only leather/suede part is the flex points. So I don't see what working in sealant or cooking them will help.

the sno seal is a good product and helps with the break in a little. i will make the boot last longer. astar says to use there product (it is also beeswax). if you use it on your boots they will last longer than not using it.

problem with the tech 10's is that the bootie can really rub your ankle wrong.. Maybe the oven trick would work to get them to form to your ankle.

Fill the bathtub with warm water. Stand in the tub for 20 minutes with the boots on. Then walk around for 20 minutes. Let the whole mess dry. Repeat a time or two if needed. They will end up like your ebay ones, but not used.

Fill the bathtub with warm water. Stand in the tub for 20 minutes with the boots on. Then walk around for 20 minutes. Let the whole mess dry. Repeat a time or two if needed. They will end up like your ebay ones, but not used.

I think that would work great on boots besides tech-10s that have the bootie.. Those torsion bars are hard plastic i dont think water will affect them.

Why do people think this is a good thing for leather?

Know anyone that does this with suede or dress footwear? How about a leather coat?

I know people who do this with leather boots, and for some reason, their boots crack, dry rot and fall apart in a year or two, while mine don't.

Oh, and theirs are the first ones to say their feet are wet on a ride.

Why do people think this is a good thing for leather?

Know anyone that does this with suede or dress footwear? How about a leather coat?

I know people who do this with leather boots, and for some reason, their boots crack, dry rot and fall apart in a year or two, while mine don't.

Oh, and theirs are the first ones to say their feet are wet on a ride.

haha, don't ride in water much? my boots frequently stay wet for months at a time in the northwet. of course the leathers' treated so it's just the textiles inside that are wet but whatever.

that really is funny comparing riding boots with suede footwear.

i'm not advocating breaking in boots with the wet and wear model just thought your comparison was funny.

my tech 10's were pretty comfy right out of the box so i don't know what to tell you other than to watch this. it's probably the best idea outside of just wearing them around the house which is what i normally do.

haha, don't ride in water much? my boots frequently stay wet for months at a time in the northwet. of course the leathers' treated so it's just the textiles inside that are wet but whatever.

that really is funny comparing riding boots with suede footwear.

i'm not advocating breaking in boots with the wet and wear model just thought your comparison was funny.

my tech 10's were pretty comfy right out of the box so i don't know what to tell you other than to watch this. it's probably the best idea outside of just wearing them around the house which is what i normally do.

The point I'm trying to drive home is, getting leather soaking wet isn't the best course of action for long service life.

I used to live out there in the land of doom and gloom weather, and my feet stayed dry. But I waterproofed my boots, and put them on the boot dryer when I got home, so they didn't stay wet for months at a time.