Sign in to follow this  

Help the kdx jump :)

My suspension is to soft (stock) so it obviously can't jump very well. I get alot of rebound sometimes and I don't like it. I am not doing anything big just some smaller tabletops but I know I need better forks. But what all exactly would YOU do if you had a kdx and you were going to make it mx ready?

mostly in regards of suspension.

sorry I have 99 kdx 200, almost forgot that part.

well, first off the kdx will never be mx ready so to speak. but, they have tons of potential. but what i'd do is, buy some stiffer springs for your weight can have it revalved for your type of riding. heavier fork oil. should be good.

Yeah, a KDX is never going to be an MX bike no matter what you do to it. However, to handle some bigger jumps I would swap out the front end for one from a KX125/250/500 or KX250/450f. IMO, trying to work with the stock forks is like throwing money away.

Yeah, a KDX is never going to be an MX bike no matter what you do to it. However, to handle some bigger jumps I would swap out the front end for one from a KX125/250/500 or KX250/450f. IMO, trying to work with the stock forks is like throwing money away.
+1, just get a kx front end. Ebay has a bunch that are priced well.

So what all exactly would I need to get to do this? Sorry I am not really super knowledgable.

Fenderlove01, I will explain what I can about the fork swap, it is something I am sure many on here have done. I have not. Rodrigeo has a perfect example of what I would do if I were you.

I am pretty sure the 125 AND 250 front ends are the same. Find out the size of your triple, compare to same year kx models and that will tell you what you need to do.

You might want to connect with kdx garage, jeekinz, or no1clyde, rodrigeo since he has done this exact thing. Mostly people on this forum are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They know a lot about cross referencing parts etc. Personally I think the hybrid idea with your motor in a kx 125 chassis would be awesome. Someday I would like to do this if money and time allow.

I'm sure that if you search the threads you will find one on this or a similar bike. I hope you do it. A riding buddy of mine has your same bike. It's a blast to ride, but Jumps like a tank. Good luck, and keep us posted.