Sign in to follow this  

2001 Wr250f Crankshaft issue

Hello i have a serious issue, i have just rebuilt the engine with a new piston and rings and a new countershaft sprocket and now when i have put it all back together the flywheel studs hit the main coil of the magneto/generator and now there is no spark :bonk: and help would be greatly appreciated.

Post pictures if you can. I'm having a hard time trying to visualize your problem.

Did you replace the crank or split the cases?

Did you pull the flywheel and stator to replace the cam chain?

I just split the cases to replace the countershaft for the sprocket and i put a new cam chain in also as well with a new piston and rings. what is happening is that the magneto is sitting higher then it should and the flywheel studs underneath are scraping on the main coil of the magneto and have worn the coating off and now there is a broken wire. but i dont understand why they are hitting now when before they wern't?

I take it you reused your old crank, flywheel, and stator? All of these parts are unchanged?

Is it possible that you have the incorrect arrangement of washers and/or spacers on the right (drive gear) side of the crank? This is what positions the crank from side to side relative to the spacers. Right crank bearing location also matters. Did the counter balancer and drive gears line up right?

-Toby

Is it possible that you have the incorrect arrangement of washers and/or spacers on the right (drive gear) side of the crank? This is what positions the crank from side to side relative to the spacers. Right crank bearing location also matters. Did the counter balancer and drive gears line up right?

-Toby

Aren't any spacers on '01 WR. No electric start. Stator mounts to the engine cases, not the mag cover.

Another possibility: If you unbolted the rear cam chain guide at the bottom, and didn't bolt it down properly, maybe it could be holding the magneto plate up? I think it is held in place by a shoulder bolt or some such arrangement, so that you have to make sure it is centered and free when you bolt it down.

All of the parts are the same? You didn't put on a new flywheel or have the stator rewound or anything like that?

You did torque the pinion nut on the right side? (clutch side). The 'studs' (do you mean rivets?) holding the center hub of the flywheel to the rotor aren't loose?