Sign in to follow this  

radiator coolant spitting out after riding :s

hi everyone last week i flushed water pump/radiators filled with radiator coolant , went for a ride today and after i stopped riding for about half an hour and coolant was spitting out of the radiator overflow anyone heard of this before anyone know how to fix it

cheers

Seems like you may have overfilled your radiator. Check the fluid level...if it's still visible, ride around again and see if it continues to spit out of the overflow.

bad rad cap is my first diagnoses ... also as stated only fill to just above tubes in rad ....

it wasnt overfilled but il fill them again and see if anything changes or if nothing happens il replace radiator cap which is also 17 years old

thanks for the help much appreciated

Did you flush and refill because it was low ? If so you have a a blown head gasket. It could be pulling in air and pressurizing the cooling system. I've had it happen before.

Did you flush and refill because it was low ? If so you have a a blown head gasket. It could be pulling in air and pressurizing the cooling system. I've had it happen before.

+1 ^ Was there black floating sediment in the radiators before you flushed them? I'd say blown h gasket or ur Head isn't torqued to spec. May as we'll change cap too.