Sign in to follow this  

home made seat cover

Vinyl is whats used, can be purchased at any fabric shop, but unless you have serious skills in upholstery, your folded over corners will make your bike look like a turd. Dont be a cheapskate, just buy a cover

Vinyl is whats used, can be purchased at any fabric shop, but unless you have serious skills in upholstery, your folded over corners will make your bike look like a turd. Dont be a cheapskate, just buy a cover

Use the standooord skin of a Highland red or your sheeps skin.:bonk:

No really this biker is scottish he must be truuuue to is heritage:busted:. to pinch those pennies.

Forgive me for having fun at your expense. Me wifey's Scottish she's a bonnie lass, really it's truuue.

I used plain black vinyl from a fabric place. It turned out as good as any aftermarket cover(sans the gripper texture). The trick is to use a heat gun and electric stapler. Heat the sucker up until it's pretty darn hot to the touch and pull it tight. Do it right and there will be no folds or wrinkles. I bought 1 yard(I think) for $10. That gave me enough to practice, make mistakes, then cut out a new cover and do it right. I could now probably get three covers from a $10 piece of vinyl. Now I just need to find some vinyl with gripper texture.

I use a stretchy marine vinyl for my older bikes that covers arent available for. I usually toss it in the dryer and get it hot, goes on much easier.