Sign in to follow this  

Anyone done a top end on a 350?

I was looking at the online manual and it shows a tool that you bolt to the cams when your putting it back together. It looks like it keeps them stationary when you put the tensioner in. Do you need it or can you set the cams with marks on the head like a jap bike? I wont be taking the gears off the cams. Also is there room to do the top end while its still in the bike?

Thanks

Mike

I was looking at the online manual and it shows a tool that you bolt to the cams when your putting it back together. It looks like it keeps them stationary when you put the tensioner in. Do you need it or can you set the cams with marks on the head like a jap bike? I wont be taking the gears off the cams. Also is there room to do the top end while its still in the bike?

Thanks

Mike

I think that tool is for when you replace the cogs on the front of the cams, i just aligned the marks on the cam with the head like it says in the manual, after youve put the chain back on poke your finger in where the tensioner goes and put pressure on the chain and check the marks on the cams again, i found it was easy to be one tooth off on the cam closest to the tensioner

Thanks for the information, there are always special tools in the manuals but most of the time there seems to be a way around using them.