Sign in to follow this  

XR400 with YZ450f silencer?

Hello all.

Just wondering if anyone has tested running the silencer of any other bike on the XR400. Have been searching but not found as much as I wanted to about this subject.

Anyone know the outer diameter on the header where it connects to the silencer? (Cant measure mine cause its at a friends house at the moment.)

The reason I am asking is because one of my brothers has got a silencer of a YZ450f that I can get almost free. It looks like it could fit but as the bike isn't at home I cant test it.

So, does anyone have any answers to these questions?

Edited by mattiasnowak

The 250fs will have the smaller mid pipe size that will mate up to the 250/400 bikes more easily. You will need need to weld on the connection between the header and exhaust but turns out well. Also the 250fs will have a smaller core thus a bit less sound.

I run a 09-11 kx250F pipe on my xl250f. The bends were closest to stock.

I mounted a KX250F silencer on my XR250L, just cutted the mount (grinded the markings) and welded where I needed it and the mid pipe was cut/bent to fit my 250. Its so doable. I believe the 400 is easier since there is more room between the subframe and the mounting hole so more place to position the can. good luck