Sign in to follow this  

I sure would like to have this.....

Is a sweet looking bike alright.

But, I hate reserve auctions. $2000 starting bid with a "reserve not met" puts it already on the edge of what it's worth. Waste of time bidding on something when you don't know where the price even starts.:bonk:

Is a sweet looking bike alright.

But, I hate reserve auctions. $2000 starting bid with a "reserve not met" puts it already on the edge of what it's worth. Waste of time bidding on something when you don't know where the price even starts.:bonk:

I agree. I still dont see what the point of having a reserve is. Why not just set the starting price at your minimum price.

I agree. I still dont see what the point of having a reserve is. Why not just set the starting price at your minimum price.

Sellers do this so that, if it doesn't sell, they can make a private offer to the highest bidder. Also, the seller gets to 'see' who's been bidding on it, then contact them off-ebay and sell it without incurring the e-bay fees. This is mostly done on higher priced items like this bike.

Also, ebay fees are partly based on the starting price. He could have set the starting price at a buck and paid even less in ebay fees while still having a reserve.

Sellers do this so that, if it doesn't sell, they can make a private offer to the highest bidder. Also, the seller gets to 'see' who's been bidding on it, then contact them off-ebay and sell it without incurring the e-bay fees. This is mostly done on higher priced items like this bike.

Also, ebay fees are partly based on the starting price. He could have set the starting price at a buck and paid even less in ebay fees while still having a reserve.

Oh ok. I never thought of that.