Sign in to follow this  

Hey 125 riders.

Is a 125 as awsome in the real world as it is on MX vs ATV Reflex? I got this game yesterday( I know I'm about two years behind) and picked up the Blue 125(YZ clone) and it is awsome. Thing is on rails. It is harder to clear jumps if I don't get the corners right or make mistakes but it's easier to rail corners on than the 250f. Was struggling to get a 7th moved to the 125 and got 1st with little problem. Almost makes me want to sell my 250f and get a yz125. I know it's just a video game but how far from reality are they?

Anyone could find a 125 a little underpowered... but, if you scream it wide open, and rip the clutch a lot through corners, they are on rails, and they are pretty fast. I have an 08 YZ125 at the moment. Best handling bike I've ever owned. Big bore is going in it tho. They definatley put a smile on your face!

Probably a pretty close comparison you have there between the 125 in a video game, and what they are like to ride in real life. You have to perfect and wide open to clear some sections, but they are so much fun to ride. You really do have to ride them wide open and swing off the clutch to get the most out of them, but that is where the fun is. Just riding it like you stole it. If you have never ridden a modern 125 motocross bike, then you haven't lived. I suggest you get a ride on one ASAP. You wont look back !!

Probably a pretty close comparison you have there between the 125 in a video game, and what they are like to ride in real life. You have to perfect and wide open to clear some sections, but they are so much fun to ride. You really do have to ride them wide open and swing off the clutch to get the most out of them, but that is where the fun is. Just riding it like you stole it. If you have never ridden a modern 125 motocross bike, then you haven't lived. I suggest you get a ride on one ASAP. You wont look back !!

I've really only riden my 250f. Only been riding a year and 9 months. I did ride a 96 CR125 up and down the street for a buddy once while he was hurt. Completly different power delivery, but I was smiling when I got off. Haven't got to ride one on the track yet. My valves have started moving and I'm on the fence as to whether to keep it and put valves in it or sell it and get a 2-stroke and this game isn't helping. I can't wait till I get the 250 2-strokes unlocked!

You can go faster on a 125 but it can be more work. Some peoples riding style doesn't fit a 125- they have to be ridden aggressively. They require frequent maintenance but it is a fraction of what four stroke maintenance costs are.

96 and 97 were the fastest cr125's. But yeah 125's are fun. But remember you always want what you don't have. I have had 2 125's but have always wanted to try a 250f. The maintenance scares me because a 15 year old that washes cars does not make a ton of cash.

I mean, video games are one thing, when you're riding it, things are very different. The energy you need to put into riding a 125 quick is a very different type of energy then lets say a 250f. You have to be very careful about maintaining speed on a 125. If you slow down too much from either a mistake or just braking too much into a corner, you will be hindered greatly because the bulk of your power is up a the upper RPM range, so you slip the clutch which spins up the rear wheel and you loose grip. Where on a 250f you can make mistakes over and over again, it doesn't effect you as much because you can "lug" out of any situation at low RPM's, on a 125 you can't do that.

125's are great bikes, awesome to learn on and even better to beat guys on 450's with. But in the real world of racing where mistakes happen and its nice to have some bottom end "lugging" potential, god gave us the 250 2 stroke. You wanna talk about the perfect bike; reliable, light-weight, plenty of horses, cheap and very effective track weapon. Yours for 12 payments of only $399.00 LOL! :bonk:

Ya know, some people feel the 144cc fad is the holy grail. I'm kinda walking next to the band wagon with that one. Its not that the 144 isn't slightly better because it is, but if you were to spend money on a 2 stroke and don't wanna deal with ACTUALLY learning how to ride one, then just buy a 250 smoker and be done with it.

For all out fun without over powering things I find my Husky CR144 to be the closest thing to perfect at my 52 year old skill set. I don't have to fan the cluch comming out of a corner and can ride a gear high to keep things flowing on a MX track. In stock 125 trim...yep it was a workout but crazy fun. I have a 250F and it is easier for sure and more consistant on a mX track but lacks the fun factor and as mentioned when it comes time for rebuilds....well you know the deal on that