Sign in to follow this  

kdx220 mods

I have a friend with a kdx 220 and he is wanting for more power especially higher up in the rev range.

I looked at the pipe and silencer and I think that at least going to a mx style silencer would be beneficial.

I also read that the 220's had smaller carbs in order to pick up torque on the bottom. Did the 200's have larger carbs? Is there a larger carb that would bold on more or less without big mods?

Any other suggestions would be welcomed. Did I mention the guy is on a tight budget?

Thanks!

kdx200 is 2mm bigger and bolts right up! this is the fix as we did this to ours.

I answered prematurely... get a used kdx carb off fleebay, then sell your 220 carb to get the money back. people buy them to do the RB mods.

A silencer will yeild little to no additional performance. A gnarly desert pipe will however make a big difference.

For the most improvement go here:

http://rb-designs.com/

Ron Black can do great things for your friends 220.

also, go to kdxrider.net for a whole community of KDX enthusiasts. Lots of info there on the standard mods to bring out the best in that KDX.

Silencer won't gain you much as an Gnarly or Rev expansion chamber. The stock silencer is pretty good. If you do one, do the expansion chamber instead.

+1

:bonk:

A silencer will yeild little to no additional performance. A gnarly desert pipe will however make a big difference.

For the most improvement go here:

http://rb-designs.com/

Ron Black can do great things for your friends 220.

also, go to kdxrider.net for a whole community of KDX enthusiasts. Lots of info there on the standard mods to bring out the best in that KDX.