Sign in to follow this  

Service Manual & Oil Changes & Forks

Hey everybody

I just got a used 2009 Kx 250f. I dont have a service manual for it. I want to know if anyone knows how or where to get them online, and if so, is there a way to possibly get them for free? Also, I want to change the oil today and clean the oil filter. Can you actually clean out the stock oil filter or do you have to buy a new one? And since I dont have a service manual, exactly how much oil does it say to put into a bike after an oil change with or without the oil filter cleaned? Thank you for your help, it is appreciated. :bonk:

look where the kickstarter goes into the engine and there should be tag saying how much oil to use

totally dry

no filter removed

filter removed

and will say how many liters

the bike can be totally dry when u drain both bolts there is a smaller bolt next to the main oil drain bolt to remove the difference of oil. and unless its a stainless steel mesh filter id buy a new one such a cheap part to maintain a clean well running engine that can be costly if you run a dirty filter. u can buy oem but i recommend a k&n filter because they have more pleats or whatever you wanna call it and capture more of the smaller particles. and make sure when you take the oil filter cover off make sure you do not drop the spring into the oil bucket all of people have done it including myself. if it gets dropped the oil filter does not have pressure against the opening and most of the oil will bypass it and not get filtered.

also after you drain the oil give a few slow kicks to get out all the oil.

also after you drain the oil give a few slow kicks to get out all the oil.

Haha, yeah it will look like its coughing up blood, lol.