Sign in to follow this  

Frustrating Cornering speed problem

Im working on my corner speed and getting frustrated.

Im notorios for blowing out corners at my track without beeing very fast.

Can you guys give me some advice on what technique im doing wrong for beeing a slow corner blowout artist.

I think I have to unlearn that to be able to improve my cornering.

Im working on my corner speed and getting frustrated.

Im notorios for blowing out corners at my track without beeing very fast.

Can you guys give me some advice on what technique im doing wrong for beeing a slow corner blowout artist.

I think I have to unlearn that to be able to improve my cornering.

Are you dragging your front brake? If you go from really hard braking, which compresses the fork, to no front brake pressure, you wont stay planted.

Slow down and do it right, then start picking up the speed little by little. That's what works for me.

You'll have to explain a bit more in detail on the corner type and why you're blowing out the berm when there might be a perfectly good nice inside rut to play with.

You have to lay the bike over more, weight the outside peg and trust that the bike will make the turn. You're blowing through because you're scared you won't make it and going straight is the safer option :smirk: Slow down, work on technique and you will gradually increase your corner speed :bonk:

You have to lay the bike over more, weight the outside peg and trust that the bike will make the turn. You're blowing through because you're scared you won't make it and going straight is the safer option :smirk: Slow down, work on technique and you will gradually increase your corner speed :bonk:

I don't think he is blowing past corners.

From my reading, he's going in to corners slow and exiting fast, blowing out the berm on exit.

I see guys like that all the time on the track, they've usually got 4 strokes and they go in slow and exit pinned sitting upright.

Make sure you are looking ahead. I tend to blow lines if I lose focus and look at what is right in front of my wheel in the rut or something. You know what I mean hopefully.