Black Rims for a 2007 WR450F

I want to put black rims on my 07 WR450F and have done some research on this. I am having an issue with finding a front rim that accommodates the speedometer connection in the front hub. It appears that most of the rim brands say their product is a YZ rim/hub, but fits the WR. They also mention that even though it fits the WR, the front hub doesn't support the speedometer. Does anyone know of rim/hub manufacturer that i can get black rims from ? Preferably assembled with hubs and spokes rather than having to build them. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks

as and idea are you really have an attachment to the stock speedo? If you got Y Vapor,they are cheap,small and have an magnetic pick up sensor.You would be able to use any front hub and be able to ditch the big mechanical cable and drive unit.The wire for the Vapor is thin and runs with the brake line.

Also the OEM electric odomentrs that come on the newer WRs sell for a pretty good amount.

It sounds like you are using the term, "rim" to describe a complete wheel. Most aftermarket hub manufacturers don't address the WR speedo simply because there isn't enough demand for that to support tooling up for it.

As stated above, any rim that will fit a YZ450 will lace up to a WR450 with the same spoke set as a stock WR/YZ. Buying a pair of rims and lacing them to your existing hubs is a much less expensive approach, too, even if you pay to have it done.

I found that RAD makes a complete wheel set that supports the WR speedo hub. I may go the other route as MAXPOWER suggests and get a new Y Vapor. G-Force makes a nice wheel set (front and rear) for $478.00 incl shipping and i can get the Vapor for $100 which is still cheaper than going with the RAD wheel. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I found that RAD makes a complete wheel set that supports the WR speedo hub. I may go the other route as MAXPOWER suggests and get a new Y Vapor. G-Force makes a nice wheel set (front and rear) for $478.00 incl shipping and i can get the Vapor for $100 which is still cheaper than going with the RAD wheel. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I have a friend who got a set of G- Force wheels.....

I would not recommend them, the list of issues is too long to list.

Get some good Excel rims laced to your hubs or you are just going using crap wheels because the black "looks good"

I have a friend who got a set of G- Force wheels.....

I would not recommend them, the list of issues is too long to list.

Get some good Excel rims laced to your hubs or you are just going using crap wheels because the black "looks good"

I've had very good luck with Excel wheels. Pro-Wheel kits I believe are made in India (I know for sure their spoke sets are, can't say for certain on the wheels).

I make it a point to stay from no-name brands of wheels. Even some of the better known brands of wheels that have been around for ages aren't as strong as the Excel's. D.I.D. rims are ok but I have relaced a lot of wheels with cracked D.I.D. rims.