Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Lower Mi Trails Still Ridable?

Anyone been up by the trails in Northern MI (Lower) - looking to ride on Sat or Sunday - are the trails free of snow? Looking to get one last dirt bike ride in. I know this could change overnight but let me know if you have recently ridden one of the trails. thanks!

I rode most of Little O, and all of Little Manistee last Sunday and Monday and both were good. A bit of snow, but not enough to matter.

You still should be good, got some rain/snow mix yesterday(Friday Ludington area), Saturday looks to be your best day weather wise though

Have fun:thumbsup:

Today was still great ( Sat) rode Little Manistee Baldwin area, dirt is still like late fall, get out if you can.

I was under the impression the state and national forest trails closed in Michigan on Nov. 15 - the beginning of firearm deer season.

Anyone willing to enlighten me on the rules "off-season" trail access?

They reopen after firearm deer season is done, you can ride all yr, stay off the snowmobile trails when its there time though. You can technically ride during firearm in a couple hr window during the day or at night

rode Lincoln Hills Dec 31, tons of traction, under stand Mccct thru Caberfae is snow and froze, I am spooning snow tires today.

rode Lincoln Hills Dec 31, tons of traction, under stand Mccct thru Caberfae is snow and froze, I am spooning snow tires today.

Glad too hear you had a good ride, i'm liveing through you guys right now ridewise

Rode Kalkaska today. 4x4 was needed, snow was coming down while we were out there, 8" of new wet stuff by the time we rolled back to the parking lot.

Nov 15-30 trails are effectively closed.

Rest of the year they are open.

USFS has seasonal closures on anything that's also snowmobile trail, but 50" trails remain open.

Anyone been out at all since the warm up? Any trails relatively clear of snow?

Went to St. Helen yesterday to visit family, trails were snow and ice covered. I didn't notice any snow around the Gladwin exit though, probably going to ride there today.

Anyone been on Holton Loop or Cedar Creek in the last couple weeks? With the relative lack of snow, I'm wanting to dig the bike out and go for a ride if it's not all crusty snow/ice on the trails.

I rode most of Little O, and all of Little Manistee last Sunday and Monday and both were good. A bit of snow, but not enough to matter.

You guys are lucky, in ontario the nature nazis dont let us ride until May!

Ill be riding Cedar Creek saturday march 10th with a few buddies, will report after! Come out and play Ill be on a drz400 and my buddies on some cr250s

Ugh! I would but I havn't dug the bikes out yet and Friday nights are for drinkin, not wrenchin!! Post back and let us know how much snow was left if any. I go to Cedar Creek and Holton a lot so I'll keep an eye out for you guys when I'm there. Have fun!

Ugh! I would but I havn't dug the bikes out yet and Friday nights are for drinkin, not wrenchin!! Post back and let us know how much snow was left if any. I go to Cedar Creek and Holton a lot so I'll keep an eye out for you guys when I'm there. Have fun!

You need to get your priorities straight dude. When it comes to riding...Fridays are whatever it takes to get ready for riding on Saturday.

Ill be out Saturday. Probably riding Holton.

• Like 1

You need to get your priorities straight dude. When it comes to riding...Fridays are whatever it takes to get ready for riding on Saturday.

Ill be out Saturday. Probably riding Holton.

I know,,, I'm still in the transition from winter boredom to riding season. 1 ride will be all it takes to get my ass in gear. Have fun Saturday. I'll be ready for next weekend if the weather holds.

I'll be watching, waiting for the update. My buds and I are planning to ride Cedar Creek or Holton on Sun.

• Like 1

I was under the impression the state and national forest trails closed in Michigan on Nov. 15 - the beginning of firearm deer season.

They do not "Close" during firearm season at all. They simply cut the hours you can ride them down to like 10-2 or 11-3 or something like that. I know, because i rode during it, and also got busted for unrelated crap, had riding been not allowed we'd of been in trouble for that too, lol. (was for parking in a non "allowable" place. So always make sure you park at a trailhead...even if your buddy tells u its ok to park on a 2 track where the trail crosses, haha...learned the lesson the hard way.