Lower Mi Trails Still Ridable?

Rode Kalkaska today. 4x4 was needed, snow was coming down while we were out there, 8" of new wet stuff by the time we rolled back to the parking lot.

Anyone willing to enlighten me on the rules "off-season" trail access?

Nov 15-30 trails are effectively closed.

Rest of the year they are open.

USFS has seasonal closures on anything that's also snowmobile trail, but 50" trails remain open.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ill be riding Cedar Creek saturday march 10th with a few buddies, will report after! Come out and play Ill be on a drz400 and my buddies on some cr250s

Ugh! I would but I havn't dug the bikes out yet and Friday nights are for drinkin, not wrenchin!! Post back and let us know how much snow was left if any. I go to Cedar Creek and Holton a lot so I'll keep an eye out for you guys when I'm there. Have fun!

Ugh! I would but I havn't dug the bikes out yet and Friday nights are for drinkin, not wrenchin!! Post back and let us know how much snow was left if any. I go to Cedar Creek and Holton a lot so I'll keep an eye out for you guys when I'm there. Have fun!

You need to get your priorities straight dude. When it comes to riding...Fridays are whatever it takes to get ready for riding on Saturday.

Ill be out Saturday. Probably riding Holton.

• Like 1

You need to get your priorities straight dude. When it comes to riding...Fridays are whatever it takes to get ready for riding on Saturday.

Ill be out Saturday. Probably riding Holton.

I know,,, I'm still in the transition from winter boredom to riding season. 1 ride will be all it takes to get my ass in gear. Have fun Saturday. I'll be ready for next weekend if the weather holds.

I was under the impression the state and national forest trails closed in Michigan on Nov. 15 - the beginning of firearm deer season.

Anyone willing to enlighten me on the rules "off-season" trail access?

They do not "Close" during firearm season at all. They simply cut the hours you can ride them down to like 10-2 or 11-3 or something like that. I know, because i rode during it, and also got busted for unrelated crap, had riding been not allowed we'd of been in trouble for that too, lol. (was for parking in a non "allowable" place. So always make sure you park at a trailhead...even if your buddy tells u its ok to park on a 2 track where the trail crosses, haha...learned the lesson the hard way.