Sign in to follow this  

aftermarket plastics 02 rm 250

before getting a graphic kit, I need some new plastics on my bike and I'm not sure which kit to go with. I've heard horrible things about Polisport, UFO, and Acerbis plastics being thin and loosing their color after a few months. It seems like no matter which brand you buy, theirs a 50/50 chance it'll be crap.

These are the graphics I want to get, just in case anyone cares: http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-02-03-04-RM-125-250-GRAPHICS-KIT-RM125-RM250-SUZUKI-/260769112736?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cb70ce2a0

So, has anyone else been in this situation?

I've had decent luck with UFO and Acerbis plastic, but as you would expect the OEM plastic always seems to fit better. As for the graphics kit, FX is my favorite but the ones you are looking at seem pretty nice.

I bought UFO. I'm going to do a post on my experience with my RM once it is complete. This is my first project bike as I usually go for new, complete bikes. it wasnt in horrible shape or nothing but I want to make it top of the line for an 02 by the time I'm done.

Over the years I've always found UFO to be just fine, no fading here, although the last rear fender I put on the RM needed mods to the bolt holes for proper fitment.

Acerbis, they're proud of their plastic ($). A friend of mine with a Yamaha won't use their stuff anymore because it seems more brittle (harder plastic?) and seems to show the white streaks more easily than others.