Sign in to follow this  

Is there a LOGICAL reason NOT to adjust the Powervalve?

So being new to 2T's (have not even ridden mine yet .. damn snow), I am just in the process of setting it up for next year.

I see in the KTM Manual that they clearly state that the Powervalve should NEVER be adjusted ... ONLY the springs should be swapped.

Does anybody have a LOGICAL reason why?? :smirk:

I cannot see it as the adjustor only acts as a spring preload device. Even more interesting is that the pictures in the manual (the same one that says do not adjust the setting) have the nut sitting flush to the case ... yet stock it comes countersunk halfway inside ... so in otherwords, the manual says to not adjust it ... YET in the pictures it has clearly been adjusted.:bonk:

Anybody shed some reasoning or speculation into why KTM would say this ??? It makes no sense whatsoever to design an adjustment if your not supposed to use it. :banana:

I find it to be a bit of a disservice that the mags don't mention the powervalve adjustments when they review the bikes. I just read the write up on the 12 200xcw and they made it sound like it was worthless if you like some top end. Even had a side story in which Burleson compared the 200 and 150 and he chose the 150 because of the top end. Again no mention of the adjustability of these engines. I wonder if they don't mention it because KTM says not to adjust them.