Sign in to follow this  

89 rmx pro circuit fitment

Hey guys, just got my new pro circuit silencer for my 89 rmx 250. I have the expansion pipe i got used but in good shape. Anyway the silencer does not come close to fitting. When the bolt is in the bottom hole, thats what i have done in the pictures, it is only on the epansion pipe about a half to three quarters of an inch. Even with the stupid rmx bracket it doesnt want to fit. If i bottomed out, it looks like the rear tire would deffinatly hit it. Chime in please if you have this set up or even if you dont but have any ideas or anything. The part number is right so im not sure why this is like it is. I can also take more pictures if that would help.

Thanks

Photo160.jpg

Photo159.jpg

The silencer mounts on the "outside" of the frame rail, your pic's have it in the "inside", change that and the rear tire should miss it. Also, it looks like you are missing the RMX silencer bracket (item #23). It's possible that the ProCircuit silencer needs a different bracket because the stock silencer doesn't use a grommet, the bracket already has one.

2003_8.gif

I had the bracket you were talking about i just didnt show it in the picture. I think thats what was confusing me the most because i couldnt figure out how to make the thing fit with it when in fact i ended up not using it. I ended up drilling out a hole above and to the right a little bit of the original hole for the bottom bolt and now it fits like a glove. Pictures attatched incase this ever comes up for anyone again. Like my step dad always used to tell me, aftermarket means afterhours.

Thanks for the help btw zig.

Photo167.jpg

Photo162.jpg

Photo168.jpg