Always tinkering with the bike !!!

i had to laugh at this one. i'm going to move into an industrial live/work loft soon and i was joking with a co-worker that when i do i'm going to put my KX in the living room area so i can just sit there and stare at it. iv'e since realized i wasn't really joking.

i had my 125 in my living room when i was going to school. i also had a big alpinestars banner and a bunch of MX posters all over the wall. it really brought the room together

I too am guilty of just going out in the garage and staring at the bike

i noticed in your signature that you have a 2012 ktm 250sx, now i can understand why you just go stare at it sometimes, that currently my dream bike, have you had the chance to ride it yet?

Who else is "dirtbike CRAZY" like me and is always messin with their bike ?
You're not alone. I'm the same. Most often I work on my bike to relax. It takes my mind away and I love it. My job involves travel about 1/3 of the year, but when I'm at home I like to ride and also ride with my kids.

My wife thinks the sport is stupid because it takes some much effort to maintain the bikes, load, travel, unload and clean everything. But she'll never understand it. I love sports involving machines where people can be seriously passionate about it. I mean they'll make some sacrifices because the fun moments are very special. If I have a great riding day and think I was feeling the force, and my kids had a great day too, I drive home thinking that was so much fun I think it'll keep me happy for a month. But a few days pass and I just want to do it again.

I just worked on my bike today. New throttle cables, lubed carb slide, cleaned and regreased the peg and kickstarter pivots. I listened to a pulpmx podcast while I was at it. Now my bike is fully ready for Thursday. Tomorrow I got new clutch parts and pilot jet coming for my boy's bike. Cannot wait for Thursday!

just curious what u lube your carb slide with ?
I remove the slide cap, then spray Inox oil in there at various angles as I slowly open/close the throttle. It lubes everything that moves in there, and cleans it too. The surplus Inox mixed with alum oxide drains mostly into the carb bowl, which I flush out. Inox does not evaporate like WD40, so it works nicely for about 6 months. Had the bike for 5 years and done 312 hrs on it.

i noticed in your signature that you have a 2012 ktm 250sx, now i can understand why you just go stare at it sometimes, that currently my dream bike, have you had the chance to ride it yet?

o yea i've ridden it plenty. it's gonna be 2 months in about a week since i've had it. it's already got boot marks all over the pipe and the clutch cover is almost raw. then yesterday i banged bars with my buddy and he put a big scratch on my swing arm. they don't stay new for very long lol

i think i have signs of ocd, obsessive compulsive dirt bike dissorder, im always thinking about my bike no matter what, im always finding excuses to go see my dirtbike, i ride my dirt bike no matter the weather, i just put 650 studs in my tires so i can ride during the winter. im so obbsessed with dirt biking that my dirt biking friends get annoyed with me! cause i want to go out 24/7 and they dont, they go out like 1-2 times a week i go out everyday! so much that half the time im going out alone!

I hate wrenching. I'm going to the basement right now to mount up a set of ice tires for the kid of a friend of mine. I can't stand watching people fumble with tires. Watching people fumble with ice tires is real torture. So I might as well do it for him now rather having to watch him try for a while before I go nuts and spit them out for him.

Me and the tire gods is buds YO! ?

i think i have signs of ocd, obsessive compulsive dirt bike dissorder, im always thinking about my bike no matter what, im always finding excuses to go see my dirtbike, i ride my dirt bike no matter the weather, i just put 650 studs in my tires so i can ride during the winter. im so obbsessed with dirt biking that my dirt biking friends get annoyed with me! cause i want to go out 24/7 and they dont, they go out like 1-2 times a week i go out everyday! so much that half the time im going out alone!

+ 1 ?

That's awesome. How many hours per year do you put on your bikes?

today, when i was out working on the bike in the garage (which was 25 degrees at the time) my mom found me and asked me if i was insane for being outside just to tinker with the bike. some may think i'm insane, but i just love this sport and wouldn't give it up for anything!

I WAS the same way when I had a RMZ 250. But, now having a CR 250 for the past two years the tinkering has slowed down a lot and almost at a stand still! The thing goes and goes due to regular maintenance. lol

yeah i normally don't have to do much, just little stuff here and there. but now it's winter time and allows for plenty of time for rebuilds! ?