bleeding brakes

You will most likely find you have an air bubble at the highest point, this being where the brake line loops over the top of the speedo.

Always be mindful not to let the M/C get a gut full of air as the oil level drops while bleeding, never release the pressure off the brake lever until your bleeder or banjo connections are closed up or it will put you back to square one, I crack the banjo connection on the M/C and bleed there first, as opposed to try and push a bubble down hill to the caliper.

In the end perseverance will pay off:thumbsup:

i have been using a syringe and pushing fluid from the bottom. i got alot more pressure than i had when i started but dont think it is 100% do i also need to bleed it the old fashion way and pump the brake and release the fluid also

I used the Phoenix Brake Bleeder (http://www.brakebleeder.com/) that I use on my cars when I changed my DRZ lines. Pushed fluid up to the top, then I bled them normally. Took like 3 mins.

Once you have some pressure, squeeze the brake lever hard, tie it in place and let it sit for awhile or overnight. The pressure turns big, stuck bubbles into small ones which can migrate easier. It probably wouldn't hurt to tap on the side of the brake line occasionally to unstick the bubbles, too.

-Stan