Sign in to follow this  

Fork help!

Does anyone know the stock settings on forks for a 2001 yz250 as far as turns out on the rebound and compression screws?? Yesterday i was riding with some friends and hit a rock. After that my forks didnt feel the same. They seemed lower and felt spongy. Every bump felt like i had a flat tire. Can anyone help? Thanks

Sometimes the forks can twist in the triple clamps. You can try loosening the triple clamp bolts (listen for a pop) and re-torque. Not sure on clickers. Somewhere in the middle is good start.

Like dzamo said, check your fork alignment.

I can understand wanting to set your clickers to factory specs, but if the fork worked well before, hitting a rock would not change your clicker settings, and no amount of clicker fiddling is going to fix what's wrong with the front end.

A fork tweaked out of line happens all the time. Most of the time it can just be knocked straight again, but if never hurts to check the fork, wheel, & axle alignment. Your front end will work properly (and better!) and last longer.

THEN you can start messin' with the clickers. :bonk:

Cool thats what ill do. Im going to finish taking everything apart today. I dont think it was a seal there was'nt any oil leaking or anything. I did go buy some new oil to do that as well.

• Like 1

I never did like just trying to align the front end with it assembled unless I was out riding or in a race. Its best to take apart everything or loosen everything and move it around then bolt everything up and restroke the front wheel on the axle.