Sign in to follow this  

00 KX250 Seized...Kick Start wont engage

Hey guys I am wonder if any of you could tell me a little about my problem. I was in 4th when it started to bog out and then it turned off. Tried to kick start but kick starter would not go downwards. I recently had my top and bottom re done and this is the 3rd time out. If it's not one thing its another with this bike. Please help. Bearings?

Sounds like you leaned it out and stuck the piston . Hopefully you didn't toast your crank too. Did you jet it when you got it running, as jetting requirements can change after a rebuild . Temperature / elevations obviously will change jetting also. Cracked carburetor boots can cause air leaks that can be missed on an overhaul. You definetley want to find the root cause so you are not doing this over and over. Good luck.

Sounds like you leaned it out and stuck the piston . Hopefully you didn't toast your crank too. Did you jet it when you got it running, as jetting requirements can change after a rebuild . Temperature / elevations obviously will change jetting also. Cracked carburetor boots can cause air leaks that can be missed on an overhaul. You definetley want to find the root cause so you are not doing this over and over. Good luck.

so, if OP was running the same jetting as before and now after the rebuild was too lean, should he have just went back to stock for the break-in then rejett from there?

how does jetting change during the rebuild? if it was good before it should be good after.

so, if OP was running the same jetting as before and now after the rebuild was too lean, should he have just went back to stock for the break-in then rejett from there?

as long as stock was richer than the pre rebuild jetting . I error on the side of rich for break in. Everyone has their own break in ritual , but i run 20:1 yamalube for 2 hours going through 4+ heat cycles before i go hammer down.

Before I say what I am gonna say let me say this, did you lube the cylinder piston and rings when you initially slapped it all together? I would agree on richer oil mix but rejetting for break-in is excessive.

forgot to add, you almost cant lube everything in a 2 stroke enough after a rebuild. it burns oil, so it just gets burned off.