Just got pulled over by the cops.

I had just turned a corner, there were 3 lanes all open and no cars on either side of me. So 2nd gear front up, almost through 3rd gear and darn it, a cop stopped in on coming traffic. Well, I let the front end down, look in the mirror and yes, he was flipping a u-turn. So before he turns on his lights, I hit the turn signal and turn in to a parking lot.:banana:

As I am hopping off the bike he pull up behind me with the lights on and has already run my plates. Two cop’s got out of the car. The first cop ask, “you have a concealed weapon permit, what type weapon do you carry” I replied,

“357 magnum but it’s not with me”. He ask, “ how many do you have”. I tell him 3 or 4 and I give him my permit. He ask, “ why where you wheeling down the street, were you frustrated with traffic and weren’t you worried about the traffic around you”. I replied, “ well just playing around and got caught, I am guilty”, frustrated with traffic, no more than any one else & worried about traffic, no I judge the conditions and there was no one around me”. :bonk:

As the first cop took my license back to his car, the second cop says he rides and the traffic scares him and ask if it scares me. I replied, “no it like riding in the dirt only the obstacles move and I acctually like riding in traffic it can be challenging. The first cop returns and says, “ here your license, try to keep the front end down and next time don’t do it in front of the cops. I reply, yes sir and thanks for not ticketing me, you guys are all right”. Cool cop! ?

Edited by JUNURE
typo, hope that did not offend anyone.

Is that a normal thing for a cop to ask straight away about a conceal and carry? Are they just nervous that you may have a firearm? And why would the specific type matter?

If you have concealed weapons permit then its normal for the cops to know that by running your license plate.

Thats funny...I have had this IMG_Carbon_15.jpg strapped to my back a time or too going shooting. I got pulled over and the cop ask why I needed such a gun...I just said, because I live in the USA and I can. Would you like to see my 1911 45acp as well.:bonk:

Is that a normal thing for a cop to ask straight away about a conceal and carry? Are they just nervous that you may have a firearm? And why would the specific type matter?

Yes it is normal. They want you to know that they already know you could have a gun, confronting the gun matter could keep some people from pulling it. They ask whet type just as conversation to see if you are going to lie or your general state of mind.

I think they just wanted to meet the guy doing the awesome wheelie. Cuz they were like " Damn look at that dude, wish I had the skill to do that"

What ever the reason I was just glad they were cool. I did ride nice on the way home after that.:bonk: