Sign in to follow this  

did the jetkit!!

she can breathe!!! did the airbox mod, drilled slide, dynojet, k&n with the prefilter. stock pipe. 155 mj. 4th clip. 2 and a half turns out with the extended fuel screw. i had no problems! it is louder and actually sounds like a thumper instead of a cat purring. throttle response went through the roof. amazing!!! put a hell of a smile on my face.

now if i ride from my current elevation 4,000 and go to 10 or 11,00 what do i need to do to it. do i mess with the fuel screw or do i diff mj?

At your elevation I'd move the needle clip up one to position 3 and see how it responds. You might even pick up a 3mm stainless washer for a 1/2mm shim (1/2 of a clip position) to try position 3.5. If you plan on keeping the stock muffler you might even go down on the main jet. Your pilot circuit should be pretty good at 1 turn out from lightly seated for your elevation but it never hurts to go through a proper pilot circuit adjustment procedure to see where your machine really likes to be set. :bonk:

At your elevation I'd move the needle clip up one to position 3 and see how it responds. You might even pick up a 3mm stainless washer for a 1/2mm shim (1/2 of a clip position) to try position 3.5. If you plan on keeping the stock muffler you might even go down on the main jet. Your pilot circuit should be pretty good at 1 turn out from lightly seated for your elevation but it never hurts to go through a proper pilot circuit adjustment procedure to see where your machine really likes to be set. :bonk:

thanks rob i really appriciate any advice. it has been so much better than stock i did not know where to go from here. but yesterday i noticed if i left it iddle for a minute it would die when i touched the throtle. and it seemed to need the throttle opened a bit to start it. i am going to try the third position today and mess with the fuel screw.... so the third position will be better for 4,000? what about when i go up to 10,000? i really dont want to have to stop on the side of the rode and open up my carb. just to be clear, the pilot circuit is the fuel screw right?

thanks rob i really appriciate any advice. it has been so much better than stock i did not know where to go from here. but yesterday i noticed if i left it iddle for a minute it would die when i touched the throtle. and it seemed to need the throttle opened a bit to start it.

Classic symptoms of a pilot circuit that is too rich.

i am going to try the third position today and mess with the fuel screw.... so the third position will be better for 4,000? what about when i go up to 10,000? i really dont want to have to stop on the side of the rode and open up my carb. just to be clear, the pilot circuit is the fuel screw right?

Yes, try position 3... that should be fine at your 4000ft elevation. Of course the higher you go the richer your chosen setting will become so starting off at the leanest setting that will still give you the engine response is the way to go. Yes, the "fuel screw" is controlling the primary or pilot circuit mixture in your carb. :bonk: