Sign in to follow this  

polishing yzf frame

hey so im polishing my frame (ill post some picutre) but wear my boots touch the frame it got wrecked first race. is there anything i can put on to protect it. i spend like 4 hrs polishing and dont want to do it again thanks

this is a picture before my ride

photo.php?fbid=10150994970185241&set=a.120798240240.193398.528750240&type=1&theater

Same issue on my last bike. In comparison to some other metals, aluminum is soft and wears fast. You could use clear vinyl tape or just use grip tape or frame guards for that area. Maybe some of the other guys will have some better ideas but other then what I just mentioned, I'm dry on ideas.

Prep the area really well and use a bed liner like Rhino Lining. If you do it correctly it looks really good and pretty trick. Use tape and make sure the lines are straight.

Prep the area really well and use a bed liner like Rhino Lining. If you do it correctly it looks really good and pretty trick. Use tape and make sure the lines are straight.

I did this ^^^^^^^ on my 02' yzf. It worked great! I like to keep my frame polished too! Here's my WRF with a polished frame using mother's metal polish.

0713112238a.jpg