Sign in to follow this  

crf250r hard to turn over

hey i just replaced the piston and rings on my 06 crf250r, and now the kickstarter does not turn over easily at all.. used to be able to turn it over fairly smoothly with one hand and some force.. now you can just about stand on the kickstart lever and it barly wants to move... you can turn it over smoothly with no weird noises.. just takes a lot more force then it used to... Think it could just be my compression release is not engaging?

Chech if everything is allligned camshaft with piston in top position (marks). But I can at some points also put my full weight on the kickstart in top position and it wont move. Try with the kickstarter only halfway up. Also you could remove he spark plug to see if it a compression issue

If none of the above works and the timing is on, check that decompression pin spring. When they break, they're really hard to get to turn over.

also.. this is occuring while the spark plug is out of the bike.. and it has all this compression.. any more ideas?

Was the cam chain tighter than it was other times?

What do you mean it turns over freely? Are you turning it with the crankshaft allen?

Its possible the cam chain is off at the bottom and it would turn over a little but not completly.

maybe one of the thin oil rings slipped out of its slot and is stuck between the piston and cylinder wall.

hey well i got it fixed now.. it was the timing, off one tooth. easy to turn over now.. but it wont run.. i should pry make a new fourm for this, but the timing is spot on, valves are in spec, compression is good, its getting a spark, i had the carb complety torn down my the dealer cleaned out and a jd jet kit installed.. ive pry kiked it ove 200 times now, and tried push starting it.. and it just doesnt want to start.. any ideas?