Sign in to follow this  

New wr/yz426 hybrid Ca plated supermoto

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and to the sport. I used to have a goped (gtr46 with water cooled polini motor) brand off road scooter for commuting to work. I will be moving further away from work soon so i was in need of something capable of commuting longer distances and a little more reliable (don't want to drive my gas guzzling v8 Beamer everyday). I picked up a California plated 99 yamaha wr400 with a 01 yz426 engine from Craigslist. So far I love this thing and it's a blast to ride. Mods that I know of are a Dakar DS kit, black powder coated frame, Excel wheels with talon hubs and Michelin pilot tires, wr450 decompression cam, moded wr450 stator, ebc 320mm front rotor and rear wave rotor, driven shifter and 15/43 sprockets, Large clear fuel tank I'm sure I'm forgetting other things. The only work that it needs at the moment is a replacement gasket on the oil cover as it has a small leak and replace the dead small battery for the DS kit as everything is running off the stator at the moment. Here are some pics of my old commuter and new one

This was my goped gtr with a 14hp 50cc water cooled Polini motor. This thing was fully tricked out from the custom wheels up to the race pole. Hit around 55mph with current gearing with room for more.

imageavp.jpg

imageab.jpg

imageqtv.jpg

imagephbl.jpg

Here's the bike looking to go with all black plastics and tank if anyone knows where I can find plastics for it?

imageete.jpg

imagekzh.jpg

Let me know what y'all think and if there's any suggestions, tips or anything since I'm a rookie to this.

Getting harder to get any thing but blue. I did get acerbis fenders and side plates in black for my 426. and a UFO #plate for x-mas.

Yeah I've had no luck, and what I do find are blue or white and are for the newer 450's. I don't know if they would fit tho. Where did you find yours?

Reading up on dying parts black. I have an extra tank I just might give it a try.

Yeah I've had no luck, and what I do find are blue or white and are for the newer 450's. I don't know if they would fit tho. Where did you find yours?

The only yrs that will fit your bike is from 98 to 02. Put all YZF/YZ or WR from those yrs will work. Even the 250 2 smokes plastics will work. I found mine hidden in a clearence bin at a local moto type clothing store belive it or not! Just put it on last night and now I know why they were in the bin, r-fender is bent to the left! Gonna try a heat gun. I belive there is some treads on dyeing some were on here. Good luck and post up some pics. Just don't spray paint!!!!:bonk: lol

The only yrs that will fit your bike is from 98 to 02. Put all YZF/YZ or WR from those yrs will work. Even the 250 2 smokes plastics will work. I found mine hidden in a clearence bin at a local moto type clothing store belive it or not! Just put it on last night and now I know why they were in the bin, r-fender is bent to the left! Gonna try a heat gun. I belive there is some treads on dyeing some were on here. Good luck and post up some pics. Just don't spray paint!!!!:bonk: lol

Pretty sure a heat gun will straighten them out. Thanks for the info. It's funny you mention not to spray paint as I was looking up info on the krylon fusion paint:smirk:. Reason being that the dye will only work on the tank and a couple other little small parts. Something about the plastic material being different. I've read a couple threads on here and rhino forums about people using it successfully. Theyve had great results that last several years even after riding hard and several falls. If I give that a try with matte black and don't like the results I'll just get a white plastic setup and slap black vinyl decals over it. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures to post up.

Nice looking bike you got there, that tank should hold plenty of fuel.

That is a crazy ped you got there, that thing looks fast.

I got a SGSR46R with some mods on it, this thing is so scary fast, i have never even hit it full throttle, had a friends GPS with me once when it was about 3/4 throttle and it was 41mph, way too fast for me on a ped, lol

these peds are no joke, heres mine

ped19.jpg

Nice looking bike you got there, that tank should hold plenty of fuel.

That is a crazy ped you got there, that thing looks fast.

I got a SGSR46R with some mods on it, this thing is so scary fast, i have never even hit it full throttle, had a friends GPS with me once when it was about 3/4 throttle and it was 41mph, way too fast for me on a ped, lol

these peds are no joke, heres mine

ped19.jpg

That ped looks nice and thanks. By any chance do you go by 28.5ron or something like that on Gpn.

Cool looking bike, I would double check the routing of that front brake line, it looks like it kinks under the fork making it pretty vulnerable.

Thanks, the brake line isnt kinked or stretched seems to be okay. However it does seem like the fork seals are leaking a bit I'll have to clean them to see if that work if not then I'll replace them.

That ped looks nice and thanks. By any chance do you go by 28.5ron or something like that on Gpn.

Thanks, the brake line isnt kinked or stretched seems to be okay. However it does seem like the fork seals are leaking a bit I'll have to clean them to see if that work if not then I'll replace them.

hey what up, its 2smoker from gpn glad to see im not the only one with a ped :smirk:

imageab.jpg

I've been thinking about getting one but do all peds need food, water, and a place to sleep?

Naw just dump some leaded 110 in it's bowl and it's a happy mut. Lol

yep, im 28.5ron on gpn too, lol

do you have a build thread for your ped anywhere, id like to check it out, and see how you did the water cooling.

These peds are scary fast for having such small cc's, lol, mine really pulls hard with that pipe on, the front wants to lift up, i feel like i gotta press down on the handlebars.

so how do you like your new WR? its a great looking bike.