Sign in to follow this  

84 XR250R restore

Hello everyone Im really new to this site, and reciently new to trail riding with a dirtbike. I bought an 1984 xr250r and bought it about a year ago and its been a great bike for me to get experiance on. All my friens say to leave it as is and ride till it dies, but Im the kinda guy that thinks if it runs and I have fun on it I can fix it up a bit, and make it run better and not leave me stranded in the woods, so I wanna restore it to make to make it run and look alot, and not like a P.O.S. I would like to get new plastics and some odds and ends that didn't come with the bike when I got it. so any help would be great.

Thanks

Plastics you're stuck with OEM (assuming they're still available) or ebay finds. Not much aftermarket support on plastics. With some elbow grease you can get the original plastics looking decent if they aren't oxidized too badly.

What else are you missing?

Maier has aftermarket plastics and the 86-02 XR200R plastics, seat, and tank fit but the color schemes and graphics (depending on year) were different. The OEM stuff is nice but pricey.

Best quality seat cover is Hi Flight.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I wanted to see jut how different the colour schemes would be? I'm looking specifically at the gas tank... Clarke offer the gas tank in orange/red ( I only assume that's like flash red ) for the '85-'02 XR 200 which from my understanding will fit the '84 XR 250R without modification, correct? I'm ordering Maier orange plastics and want as 'close' a 'colour match' as possible..... Considering my options at the moment....