Sign in to follow this  

Taking the 600 to Brown Mt, NC, 58 degrees sat.

First time with the 600 hope I can handle the weight on the hills up and down , always road my 2 stroke there , will be my decision maker in fixing the 650-L or converting the 600 over to dual sport .

I was there every day this week on my 650 L. Got a lot of rain on Tuesday so there are lots of ruts and puddles, but the traction is great. It will be really crowded today though. Have fun!

I have a 650l I ride it alot there and have a great time. I have been on all the trails and loved it. had some spills but thats the way it goes. have fun on the ride.

go to brushy mountain. i think its open all year. ill be there in a couple weeks. i love that place. its like a roller coaster that i control the speed. which means wide open all the time

Where is Brushy Mtn? We ride at Harlan and I-81 for trails. Waiting to ride Buffalo Mtn as well. MY XR 600R is big for trails but I am getting used to it.

Bill

Where is Brushy Mtn?

Brushy is near Taylorsville. It's fun too, but Brown is only 15 minutes from my house. Also its only $35 a year. I think Brushy is $20 a day unless you're a member.

First time with the 600 hope I can handle the weight on the hills up and down , always road my 2 stroke there , will be my decision maker in fixing the 650-L or converting the 600 over to dual sport .

So, how was your trip to Brown Mountain?

Been working 6-7 days a week since Jan , First weekend off . Just now got back on pc, Man I have missed a lot of reading, any way I know most of the trails on my 2-stroker , But this heavy 600 is going to take so time to get use to , Ride went real good ------- till the old girl spit me off , When I took it slow and easy no problem when I pick up my pace more , then thats when she buck going up one of the steep hills , Fell backwards , ------those rocks hurt took 8 weeks to heal those crack ribs, we steal rode for the rest of the day , I think I had to much bike for that ride or I need to do some suspenion work , a auto-clutch would have been nice. love it on my 2-stroke up there , I thought I would hare scramble the 600 , a bit heavy , and after that spill got me alittle scared , only rode the 600 , 5 times so far , Thanks for reading,

Been working 6-7 days a week since Jan , First weekend off . Just now got back on pc, Man I have missed a lot of reading, any way I know most of the trails on my 2-stroker , But this heavy 600 is going to take so time to get use to , Ride went real good ------- till the old girl spit me off , When I took it slow and easy no problem when I pick up my pace more , then thats when she buck going up one of the steep hills , Fell backwards , ------those rocks hurt took 8 weeks to heal those crack ribs, we steal rode for the rest of the day , I think I had to much bike for that ride or I need to do some suspenion work , a auto-clutch would have been nice. love it on my 2-stroke up there , I thought I would hare scramble the 600 , a bit heavy , and after that spill got me alittle scared , only rode the 600 , 5 times so far , Thanks for reading,

Yep, some of those trails are a handful on a big, heavy bike. I was there yesterday and last weekend and it is DRY up there - which makes it really slippery. I cracked some ribs and dislocated my shoulder last summer when it was dry, so I took it pretty easy yesterday. Still a great place to ride, though.