Sign in to follow this  

07 Yamaha YZ 250F Stroker

Hi, I`m about to buy a new HotRod Stroker crankshaft +3mm to put into my yzf but I don't know what jetting should I use.

I know it's different for everyone but is anybody know the basic ? An idea of which jet I could start with?

Thanks in advance!

First problem: hotrods. They are terrible. NEVER use a hotrods crank or bottom bearings, theyre cheaply made, are unpredictable aNd unreliable, jetting will b the least of your problems.

First problem: hotrods. They are terrible. NEVER use a hotrods crank or bottom bearings, theyre cheaply made, are unpredictable aNd unreliable, jetting will b the least of your problems.

Wrong Hot Rods has been aroung for twenty years I have seen hundreds of their cranks installed. Dont worry! Good product!

Ive heard that stroker crank run hotter than stock so ppl say I should go richer ?

And yea I believe in HotRod products :bonk:

thanks

THats the problem with internet forums, u never know who to trust. When i hear a blackfoot mechanic say hes seen hotrods cranks sieze time and again, and when i hear guys that have been building race motors for years say they are unpredictable, and when friends' motors siezed after i tolf them not to put hotrods junk in them, and after i clean main bearing shrapnel out of a bunch of motors with hotrods parts, i have nothing good to say about them. Also, i have never made the mistake of installing one, i always go oem when possible, and i have never had one fail. Im no pro mechanic but i take my advice from a pro mechanic, and you'll do well to do that too instead of listen to a strangrer online thats probly never rebuilt a crank.

I am a pro mechanic (well was until I retired).

Almost all crank problems occur due to installation error. Instead of pulling a crank in, people pound them in. They blow up an engine and never completely clean it, leaving debris behind that destroys new parts.

OEM does not sell stroker cranks

It will not run hotter. It runs too rich due to the increased pumping effect of the longer stroke.

Edited by William1

i build more motors than ANYONE on TT and ive never had a issue with a hotrods crank.

I agree, I have seen literally hundreds of Hot Rods crank installs without ever a problem.

Well, i guess whoever reads this thread can choose who to trust. EVERY trusted mechanic i've ever talked to about hot rods has told me the same thing, that theyre unreliable(3 in the past year). So i choose not to use them. I also agree 100% that most crank failures are caused by installation. Most guys dont even know what trueing a crank means and think a rubber mallet wont hurt a crank. I know who has earned my trust, and its not hot rods.