Sign in to follow this  

Smart Performance So Impressed

Smart performance has been nothing short of amazing to me I'm fortunate to be only 15 minute drive away from them so picking up items is fairly easy for me especially as i can shoot a call over and get whatever part i may need by the time i show up. Dave is the quint essential customer service/customer satisfaction/plethora of knowledge. I'm simply baffled on how friendly he has been and so willing to make sure every thing goes perfect for me. There company is the place to go Ive heard stories on here of him bring hard to get to or taking a bit of time but that's just fine because he does everything right and makes sure your a happy customer. I will be doing at least 3-4 full bikes in the near future with his parts and setups although i like doing my own work he makes sure it still gets done right Wat a company! On to my story and i have a 2009 kx250f i will be talking about. I purchased a bike and the guy had it setup by race tech for a 220lb rider including gear well I'm 150 with gear so i knew i had to change it but hadn't really wanted to super bad till i blew my rear shock so .I popped open my rear shock with a 5.4 spring and expecting a ractech gold valve but it was a stocker with over 30 shims on the compression stack and 25 on the rebound i knew it was far far off from stock. I called racetech and asked if they could comment on the stack as they allegedly do it and how i could redo it. they were extremely disappointing offered no help and were only interested in $. I bought a yz250 about a year or so ago and it had smart performance stickers on the fork and they guys said it had been done by them the fork always felt great and i found reviews on here and decided to get a hold of Dave expecting it to be a chore. I had to call a few times but within 24hrs of choosing to go with smart performance i got a hold of him and was picking up parts to redo my shock. after i picked up the parts and started working on the shock i noticed i needed a few more parts i called him and had them very quickly actually after i got off that day from work. i continued with my rebuild he sent me a very detailed email on how to fill and bleed the shock as well as a nice sheet with starting adjustments and the shim stacks as well. he told me tips and tricks on the phone while i was doing the build. i contacted him numerous times all of which he was prompt and helpful. I then contacted him once again and had a new spring 15 minutes after i called him now my bike's rear end is all done up. I will be moving on and doing the fork soon as well as my birthday is coming up and my fiance needs to get me a present =p. All this customer service is simply amazing it reminds me very much of my own workplace. I work at a high end stereo shop while I'm Going to college and my boss always always makes sure every single question is answered and that we go far above and beyond what the customer expects so that there happy where they spent there very hard earned dollars. Well after we doing any sort of audio installation we sit in and tune the sound systems up set up the equalizers and such and we know what sounds good but then we take the customer into there car and make sure they are happy and they like it aswell and it sounds good with the music they enjoy. Well Dave does the same thing as i bought parts and did it myself he didn't get to test my equipment and set it up. so he has days were i can come out and hell help me set it up to the "music i like" or in dirt biking my riding style.

Key business/customer service points

-friendliness

-knowledge

-good value

-happy customers

-great products

-great service

-individualization

Smart Performance has all of those and those are key to any business or service place.

Thanks DAVE! Thank you Smart performance!!!

Smart performance has been nothing short of amazing to me I'm fortunate to be only 15 minute drive away from them so picking up items is fairly easy for me especially as i can shoot a call over and get whatever part i may need by the time i show up. Dave is the quint essential customer service/customer satisfaction/plethora of knowledge. I'm simply baffled on how friendly he has been and so willing to make sure every thing goes perfect for me. There company is the place to go Ive heard stories on here of him bring hard to get to or taking a bit of time but that's just fine because he does everything right and makes sure your a happy customer. I will be doing at least 3-4 full bikes in the near future with his parts and setups although i like doing my own work he makes sure it still gets done right Wat a company! On to my story and i have a 2009 kx250f i will be talking about. I purchased a bike and the guy had it setup by race tech for a 220lb rider including gear well I'm 150 with gear so i knew i had to change it but hadn't really wanted to super bad till i blew my rear shock so .I popped open my rear shock with a 5.4 spring and expecting a ractech gold valve but it was a stocker with over 30 shims on the compression stack and 25 on the rebound i knew it was far far off from stock. I called racetech and asked if they could comment on the stack as they allegedly do it and how i could redo it. they were extremely disappointing offered no help and were only interested in $. I bought a yz250 about a year or so ago and it had smart performance stickers on the fork and they guys said it had been done by them the fork always felt great and i found reviews on here and decided to get a hold of Dave expecting it to be a chore. I had to call a few times but within 24hrs of choosing to go with smart performance i got a hold of him and was picking up parts to redo my shock. after i picked up the parts and started working on the shock i noticed i needed a few more parts i called him and had them very quickly actually after i got off that day from work. i continued with my rebuild he sent me a very detailed email on how to fill and bleed the shock as well as a nice sheet with starting adjustments and the shim stacks as well. he told me tips and tricks on the phone while i was doing the build. i contacted him numerous times all of which he was prompt and helpful. I then contacted him once again and had a new spring 15 minutes after i called him now my bike's rear end is all done up. I will be moving on and doing the fork soon as well as my birthday is coming up and my fiance needs to get me a present =p. All this customer service is simply amazing it reminds me very much of my own workplace. I work at a high end stereo shop while I'm Going to college and my boss always always makes sure every single question is answered and that we go far above and beyond what the customer expects so that there happy where they spent there very hard earned dollars. Well after we doing any sort of audio installation we sit in and tune the sound systems up set up the equalizers and such and we know what sounds good but then we take the customer into there car and make sure they are happy and they like it aswell and it sounds good with the music they enjoy. Well Dave does the same thing as i bought parts and did it myself he didn't get to test my equipment and set it up. so he has days were i can come out and hell help me set it up to the "music i like" or in dirt biking my riding style.

Key business/customer service points

-friendliness

-knowledge

-good value

-happy customers

-great products

-great service

-individualization

Smart Performance has all of those and those are key to any business or service place.

Thanks DAVE! Thank you Smart performance!!!

Just curious, but have you ever had suspension work done by anyone else before?

"the best you've ridden is the best you know"

Sorry for posting something completely related to suspension. Lots of ppl ask all the time who to trust and send there $ too sorry for sharing my story.E Marquez you sound like the kid in class that raises there hand and corrects the teacher on a trivial thing like your the only one that noticed. BY THE WAY if this category is to get questions answered then why did my thread on the 15th about how to revalve my shock get 80 views and no replys??? That was posted previous to my smart performance venture. Yes my post was vague but i didnt know where to start. Im a sponge i soak up knowlege as its told to me but im dry without it.

Your original post was dead on the intent for this forum :smirk: It was the posts that came after it which prompted my response :banana:

So one and all put away your pitch forks..:bonk: I can see how my response without the context of the 6 posts I removed could be misunderstood.. .. And the resulting flame fest a issue I contributed to.

All better now... All the non topic stuff has been removed...

Go forth and discuss SUSPENSIONS if you will.... that IS what this forum is for.. Thanks

Your original post was dead on the intent for this forum :smirk: It was the posts that came after it which prompted my response :banana:

So one and all put away your pitch forks..:busted: I can see how my response without the context of the 6 posts I removed could be misunderstood.. .. And the resulting flame fest a issue I contributed to.

All better now... All the non topic stuff has been removed...

Go forth and discuss SUSPENSIONS if you will.... that IS what this forum is for.. Thanks

Good stuff mod. :bonk: