Sign in to follow this  

engine re build dr 125 s 1982

Hi all. Rebuilding my Dr after melting the main bearing, split the ca:foul:se,replaced bearing and now when I put the two halves back together the gears turn freely until the last half inch which needs tapping closed, when it is complete together the gears won't turn. When I re split it just an inch it spins free again. Have i lost a bush or washer or could the sproket shaft pushed through towards the gear box side. Please help there's only a limited amount of times a man can split and seal a crankcase before its launched through the garage window!.

It's hard to say. There's so many things it could be, the best way to deal with it is to strip the motor, check it all and start again, double checking everything.

These motors are so fun, and there's so much left in them! My 70mm bore DR 190 is so quick and fun, even in a mild state of tune. Even the wilder motors (See TwoWheelTom or NorcalKLX) last forever.

It's hard to say. There's so many things it could be, the best way to deal with it is to strip the motor, check it all and start again, double checking everything.

These motors are so fun, and there's so much left in them! My 70mm bore DR 190 is so quick and fun, even in a mild state of tune. Even the wilder motors (See TwoWheelTom or NorcalKLX) last forever.