Sign in to follow this  

base line jetting 02 cr 250

Hi every one just picked up this 02cr250 3 days ago and would like some help getting a baseline jetting for a temp of 85f. current set up is

a tmx/oem carb

float level 15mm

air screw 1 1/3

slow 32.5

main 380

needle clip 2nd position

jet needle 6bey30-74

altitude 1125-1600ft above sea level

mods are pc platinum header and oem silencer vforce3 reeds and cage pc porting.

Thanks in advance

How does it run now ? If it has PC porting I'd recomend using there jetting as a baseline. You can check it on there website.. can't remember off memory but your close. I think they recomend an S8 nozzle as well.

runs good currently a little rich but its been 60 degrees f out and was wondering what a base line for riding season would be. pc has recommend clip in 3rd and s8 nozzle other wise he same.

Are you running the S8 nozzle ? If not I'd recomend it.. the stock S9 is to rich. I changed to the S8 on my 02 when I ran the mikuni & also on a friends 01. It made a difference in leaning out the overall jetting circuit on both bikes.

Are you running the S8 nozzle ? If not I'd recomend it.. the stock S9 is to rich. I changed to the S8 on my 02 when I ran the mikuni & also on a friends 01. It made a difference in leaning out the overall jetting circuit on both bikes.

Heck, i run the S-7 nozzle in my 03:ride: get either one you can get.

Heck, i run the S-7 nozzle in my 03:ride: get either one you can get.

Yup. I felt I could've gone even a little leaner & went with the S7.

Ordered s8 and s7 from local shop. Currently runs good right now with it being colder outside good clean plug and decent power fells lacking hit but that's probably because its not like yz or kx it seems to have a mild power band.