KTM dealer reccomendation for WNC

I'm looking at purchasing a KTM 690 this spring and wanted to get some reccomendations for dealers. There are quite a few within 200 miles. I'd like to know which ones are worthwhile and which ones to avoid.

The ones I found were:

Fun Cycles

Carolina KTM

KTM World

Neely's Racing

Hagers

Couple more in Eastern TN and SC

Let's keep this constructive and limit any bashing :bonk:

I just want to know which ones are supportive and have good customer service.

Thanks.

Carolina KTM is a great, honest shop. I took my KX to them to have the valves shimmed as I just never seem to have the time (or the shims) to make these adjustments. I was convinced that they were out.

When I went to pick up my bike the owner informed me that the valves were in fact not out but just a little on the tight side. Since he did not perform any actual work on the bike, he only billed me for the shop time. Since I'm no mechanic, he could have easily sold me a shim job that never happened.

If I ever go orange, I will most definitely be buying from these guys.

Carolina KTM is a great, honest shop. I took my KX to them to have the valves shimmed as I just never seem to have the time (or the shims) to make these adjustments. I was convinced that they were out.

When I went to pick up my bike the owner informed me that the valves were in fact not out but just a little on the tight side. Since he did not perform any actual work on the bike, he only billed me for the shop time. Since I'm no mechanic, he could have easily sold me a shim job that never happened.

If I ever go orange, I will most definitely be buying from these guys.

Thanks.

I've actually been corresponding with Carolina KTM over a few emails. They are the only shop to actually reply to an email without one of the fake generated "contact us" emails. Thanks for the response.

I have used Fun cycles on numerous occasion and they are very nice people to deal with...but with that said their prices are very high on the retail side but maybe they discount to their local repeat customers which I seem not to be one of lol. I've heard a lot of good things about KTM World from others but have not shopped with them yet.

Scott is ggod people. He is involved in the Unifour Bike club. They only carry KTM. Scott is one of the owners. They are a small shop dedicated to takin care of their customers. I have dealt with Fun Cycles. Typical dealer setup. Ihave bought a bike from Hager, the owner btw. Also typical dealer setup. I like that when I deal with Scott, I am dealing with the owner. I know the co owner as well and they are also good people.

Scott is ggod people. He is involved in the Unifour Bike club. They only carry KTM. Scott is one of the owners. They are a small shop dedicated to takin care of their customers. I have dealt with Fun Cycles. Typical dealer setup. Ihave bought a bike from Hager, the owner btw. Also typical dealer setup. I like that when I deal with Scott, I am dealing with the owner. I know the co owner as well and they are also good people.

Great response!

I've heard "good" things about Fun Cycles service department, but I think the guy that everybody liked was laid off a year ago or so.

Dealer set up is definitely an important consideration. I know dealers can't follow every forum problem/fix with every bike, but you definitely lose confidence when they aren't up to speed on how to diagnose and solve the common problems.

How are Carolina KTM's prices on new bikes?

I have purchased a bike at KTM World and have also had major service performed with Robbie Neely. The KTM World experience was fine but for the proximity to Asheville, I think Robbie is the best bet. His retail prices seem to be fair and he has tons of experience with offroad bikes. He also is never to busy to talk with you. Good luck.

Neeley was no hassle when I dealt with him. I called him up and told him who I was and that I was thinking about switching my son to KTM's. He just gave me a great price over the phone, no b.s. and wasting time like so my places. He's great to deal with, easy to talk to. He knows dirt bikes. He has what, 7 titles from Loretta's and years of off-road experience. I see him at the tracks all the time with his grandson. He'll also be your best bet if you do need a part in a pickle. And geez quick interstate shot from Asheville to Spartanburg.

• 2 weeks later...