Sign in to follow this  

2011 yz250f first oil change

New bike, broken in as instructed by manual (1/2 throttle or less for 1 hr), so I changed the oil. Hete's my question: Wasn't I supposed to find shavings or flakes or something on filter or strainer? My recent maintenance has been on a couple of new polaris rangers...and they difinately have shavings in tranny on fluid change. This is my first NEW bike and just thought no shavings after break-in was interesting.

Love the bike!

mine didnt and i left it till 2.5 hours. its done 50 hrs and running fine. i thought i find shavings to. dont worry about it.

None in mine either. I changed it after 1hr, and again at 2, and just did it again for the winter storage at 3.9hrs. No shavings ANY time! Let'er rip!

My recent maintenance has been on a couple of new polaris rangers...and they difinately have shavings in tranny on fluid change.

P-O-L-A-R-I-S says it all.

Worked at a Yamaha/Suzuki/Polaris dealer for a while and it seems all I ever did was warranty work on Polaris ATV's. They were always broken for one reason or another. Way higher warranty return rate than anyone else.

Their sleds aren't too bad, not as bad as their ATV's.

Yes...you are correct...no longer have rangers. First ranger had front differential leak four times before i traded it. The crew was ok...no troubles. Got back into bikes with my oldest son. We love it! I ride the yzf, wife on grizzly, 7yo on ttr50, 2yo on with me or wife. Yes, we wear helmets and all other gear...and we have a BLAST!

My polaris tranny had so much metal shavings on the magnetic plug that it was near impossible to clean! That was only after a few hours!