Sign in to follow this  

SGR full susension kit good?

While the Fox Float or Ishock are rated as some of the best rear options out there, im looking to raise my 07 CRF50 ~1" front and rear for street use and a 170lb adult.

Does SGR offer quality products?

I was looking at this kit which seems to be the only inexpensive and complete suspension kit with a real front oil filled shock, rear shock, and extended swingarm:

http://www.sgr-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=218_215&products_id=611

Is this a good deal and product ir should i piece together all the components with better stuff? Im not looking for THE best that will take big jumps but just something that i wont regret ir that will break right away just riding it around.

Thank you.

not knocking the product but you will be more pleased with a higher quality item....but then your wallet will be alot thinner.......BBR comes to mind

I do appreciate a good suspension but a bbr fork alone can cost more than i paid for the entire bike. The stock suspension is just springs with no fluid dampers. A 1" front fork extender and HD springs would have a similar lack of damping but will have the 1" height increase im looking for. I figured the kit i posted would have a nicer quality front fork with actual damping and would be much nicer than just a fork extender.

While a $5-1,200 inverted monotube adjustable fork with 6" of travel would be awesome, i simply dont need that for my uses. Also since im not jumping it. I dont think the cheaper swingarm would be that bad compared to a bbr which is also 3x the cost. Now if i were racing and jumping it, i would get high quality proven stuff. For my uses, is the above kit that bad and is it better than just extended forks?