Sign in to follow this  

Installed Husky shock preload collar on 449

Gateway Husqvarna called me up on Wednesday - told me my "Variable Preload" collar from the Husqvarna special parts catalog had arrived. I installed it yesterday and took a few pictures.

Blog article here

img_1229.jpg?w=590

Here's what I found to be tricky in the installation:

1. Need a spring compressor to remove the clevis
  2. Have to remove the top bolts from the subframe and tilt it back to install the shock with the wider collar

It's a handsome part, and it is clearly very easy now to make sag adjustments - pop the seat off and reach down from the top with an 8mm t-handle wrench! What could be easier?

Very cool.

My TE511 suspension is off to House of HP for Richards amazing work. Liked it a lot stock though a bit soft/loose so I am prepared to be totally blown away when it gets back. He did my 09 WR125 (now 165) and it is simply amazing. Unflappable yet still comfortable. Deep red ano, gold feet, DCL coating, progressive springs, revalved, shock rocker (spring isolation) etc.

680817887_69Jh6-XL.jpg

Nice! I have a X-trig unit on my KTM. Seems a little more complicated on the Husky vs the KTM, but the function is the same. The adjustment process is so easy though. I just have a 8mm on the end of a cordless drill. I recommend this product for any bike!

2012KTM250xc007.jpg

ohhh whats the chance of getting one of these for the showa rear shock on my 96 cr125 :bonk: i hate sitting with a c spanner adjusting it its nearly impossible without stripping half the arse end off the bike :smirk:

Nice! I have a X-trig unit on my KTM. Seems a little more complicated on the Husky vs the KTM, but the function is the same. The adjustment process is so easy though. I just have a 8mm on the end of a cordless drill. I recommend this product for any bike!

Wow! Yes, yours is easier to adjust by far, I would say. On the 449/511, the lock rings aren't visible/accessible unless the right side plastics are removed.

Long handled T-wrench access from the top is the best Husky could do, I'm afraid.