Sign in to follow this  

Warranty on 2012 500 EXC

Does anyone know how long the warranty is on the 2012 500 EXC dual sport model?

just a few things on the warranty

This warranty does not cover any failures resulting from, or caused by:

1. Lack of proper maintenance.

2. Modification, alterations, and installation of parts that are not genuine KTM parts or supplied as original equipment.

3. Damages due to accident, collision, abuse or neglect.

4. Normal wear components, including but not limited to, the following: piston and piston ring, Nikasil cylinder coating, all bearings, all

seals, all clutch components, transmission gear engagement “dogs”, final-drive chain and sprockets, brake components,

suspension valving, and carburetor jetting.

5. Misuse, such as, but not limited to, using incorrect fuel, using gasoline additives; improper carburetor jetting; altering the electronic

fuel injection system; owner installed replacement parts.

6. Piston/Cylinder Seizures.

What's the recommended oil change interval on these motors?

Right now I ride a DRZ 400, the beauty of which is that I'll run 500-700 miles between oil changes. I know I will probably need to change oil more frequently in a KTM, correct?

Is 300-500 miles reasonable?

For example, I help organize a dual sport event in WA, and can easily ride 300+ miles the week leading up to the event when we are checking and rechecking the course.

What's the recommended oil change interval on these motors?

Right now I ride a DRZ 400, the beauty of which is that I'll run 500-700 miles between oil changes. I know I will probably need to change oil more frequently in a KTM, correct?

Is 300-500 miles reasonable?

For example, I help organize a dual sport event in WA, and can easily ride 300+ miles the week leading up to the event when we are checking and rechecking the course.

I have a 2011 450 exc and the owners manual says oil change intervals are once after the first hour of run in and then every 15 hours after that. Not sure what a 2012 model is for oils change intervals. may be some one else can chime in on that.

Edited by Mudfest
added more info

YIKES

$10k and those are the exclusion clauses?

Nice info and thank you for the post...you brought light to a subject for me....

wow......how about just saying there is a 6 month limited warranty that does NOT include the bike, just the owners manual and bag it comes in (only if unopened, AND if it is still in the original wrap from the factory) :bonk:

HR

just a few things on the warranty

This warranty does not cover any failures resulting from, or caused by:

1. Lack of proper maintenance.

2. Modification, alterations, and installation of parts that are not genuine KTM parts or supplied as original equipment.

3. Damages due to accident, collision, abuse or neglect.

4. Normal wear components, including but not limited to, the following: piston and piston ring, Nikasil cylinder coating, all bearings, all

seals, all clutch components, transmission gear engagement “dogs”, final-drive chain and sprockets, brake components,

suspension valving, and carburetor jetting.

5. Misuse, such as, but not limited to, using incorrect fuel, using gasoline additives; improper carburetor jetting; altering the electronic

fuel injection system; owner installed replacement parts.

6. Piston/Cylinder Seizures.