Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 150sx

Just picked up a 2010 150sx over a month ago, so far i'm really enjoying the bike. So much so i decided i want to race it this year in a few enduro's, unfortunately it will require a lighting kit with brake switches included to be eligiable. Can anyone recomend a suitable kit ? And any other recommendation for the 150sx to make it more trail worthy would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know your lighting requirements as far as if the head light needs to be on or what wattage bulb. Having used a few aftermarket kits myself for licence plate requirements I would recommend building your own total lose system (battery powered) especially if all you need is a running and brake light. You can easily fab a simple harness and use a light weight battery for under $200.

What state are you planning to race in and which races? Plenty of races don't require lights.

What state are you planning to race in and which races? Plenty of races don't require lights.

Western Australia. The enduro's require B class (rec reg) because it's on crown land. I was just hoping someone here may have already wired up a lighting system already for a 150sx and could point me in the right direction.

bugga. I have heard of people putting a battery in their airbox, wiring it up to a switch (not a to obvious one) to have on when it will be tested, and then just switch it off all other times to save the battery. Acerbis has decent front and rear lights. I think that would possibly be the cheapest option and requires no serious mods, light weight, and doesn't take any engine power.