Sign in to follow this  

2009 KTM 530 with 21 hrs - is it worth $6,800?

Is this bike worth $6800?

Below is the add

"09 KTM 530 EXC street legal dual sport. 21 Hours. These are getting harder to come by. Registered. Title in hand. 1 meticulous adult owner. Title. Bone stock except metzler dual sport tires which are perfect for this bike. Jetted properly. Mint condition. Babied. Never been raced. Not a scratch on it. Only ridden in light woods. Comes from the factory with blinkers, mirrors, light switch etc, ready to hit the road. All new white plastics were installed when the bike was brand new. I have all of the untouched original orange plastics that came on the bike from the factory. I will include these $6800"

Thoughts, opinions?

December312011#

https://picasaweb.google.com/114364024744461000533/December312011#

Edited by RI-Bike
add pic

It depends on where you are located. Around here $6800 is in line with the normal asking price for a bike like that. They tend to sell for a bit less. Based on the few adds I have looked at, bikes seem a bit cheaper in your area. Also, the value is down this time of year because it will sit in the garage till the weather warms up. I don’t think it will sell for that much right now but the seller may not need to sell and may not deal much. Talk to him and get a bottom line price if it is what you want. Have cash in hand if you really want to hear his best price!

CoKTM

Glad it your $$$ you are spending and not mine. If the bike is OEM, that’s way too much money for a 09’. More around $4,500 to $5,000. Aftermarket parts can increase the value, but not by much. Most newer EXC’s are titled and street licensed.

your not finding an 09 exc-r with 21 hours for 4500 $ here

aftermarket parts dont seem to increase value at all, low hours and factory tags sure do though!

most ktm's are not titled and street licensed here, only one model comes with a street title, for 08/09 they were exc-r, I think they changed the name to exc in 2010

In CA used KTM’s are a dime a dozen. There’s one for sale on every other street corner. In CA, no title, no license, no ride. The EXC line is very popular in this state as it is the model that will plate. Must be nice to live in a state where you can buy a bike and just go ride!!!

Just for my knowledge, can you ride an untitled, unlicensed bike on public lands and/or paved streets and highways in your state?

Here in CA an untitled unlicensed bike can only be ridden in a closed course sanctioned race or on private property. Without title and license a bike has no value.

here you cant, thats why the exc-r are worth a lot more than the offroad only versions