handling for 2012

why are you worried about this? Get the bike first..put some time on it and then try and make changes..changing your sag and make the bike handle different..putting the forks up or down in the triple clamps will also change it..if you haven't done or tried everything first them come here...Seat time is your best bet..every bike feels different. And what you read in a magazine doesn't always mean everything. One rider might say one thing and the next rider may love the bike!

i have had a 2007 09 and 2010 kxf 250,rode a 2012 also. i have done numorous suspension revalves 22mm,20 mm clamps plus other mods. the kxf has very stable perdictable handling. the only area the kxf strugles is in the ruts its just not as easy as some other brands. the kxf is a grat bike and im sure the honda is also the last one i rode was a 2010 with fc suspension and it handle great. you cant go wrong with another honda.

ehh im kind of done with honda, why does the kx struggle? theres no real fix to it?

Try one first. I had the 10 CRF250, rode my buddy's 11 RMZ250 many times, and just got a KX250F. The Kawasaki feels pretty good stock to me. Stable, predictable, and balanced. I did not notice any struggle points at all but you'll never know till you ride one for yourself!:bonk:

Only problem is i wouldnt have anything to test it against,i have my 09 honda, but i revalved the suspension so the handlings going to be better. Ill probably feel a power difference, my honda was i think 37 hp on the dyno, kawi was 39! Everything the kawi is offering this year is awesome, sff forks, dual fuel injection, made the crank more durable. It sounds like an awesome machine only thing that i dont like is its 6 pounds heavier, then again its probably not even noticable http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MOTOCROSS-ACTION-TECH-SCHOOL-WHAT-THE-2012-MOTOCRO-8479.aspx

when it comes down at the end of the day kawasaki builds the best MX/offroad bikes. NO Qs asked. best quality, and only matched by the fact that if you bought one in 06 you could use almost everything you upgraded on it, on the 2012, not many manufacturers can say that. some of the stuff is bad on them but you only need to buy it once.

Im not a very fast rider though haha. First thing im going to do is a revalve because at 123 lbs the springs and valving are going to be horrible

i would just do the springs first,the valving is really good on the 12

Only problem is i wouldnt have anything to test it against,i have my 09 honda, but i revalved the suspension so the handlings going to be better. Ill probably feel a power difference, my honda was i think 37 hp on the dyno, kawi was 39! Everything the kawi is offering this year is awesome, sff forks, dual fuel injection, made the crank more durable. It sounds like an awesome machine only thing that i dont like is its 6 pounds heavier, then again its probably not even noticable http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MOTOCROSS-ACTION-TECH-SCHOOL-WHAT-THE-2012-MOTOCRO-8479.aspx

According to your own link the difference is only 2 pounds which is a mere 450 grams. That difference can be greater between 2 different brands of tires.

If you are not even that fast of a rider, don´t sweat it that much. The KXF is very good in the handling and suspension department stock. Ride it first to see if there is a specific problem, which I´m sure there is not.

Then try to find the correct settings with the stock parts. If you still after that need something more you can send the suspension out for a revalve.

The only thing it could possibly need for durability is stiffer clutch springs.

i would just do the springs first,the valving is really good on the 12

im kind of confused, what is valving ? i do it to all my bikes and have no idea what it does and why i do it. I know for sure springs, every bike i have ridden sucks with the stock suspension, specially landings from jumps

According to your own link the difference is only 2 pounds which is a mere 450 grams. That difference can be greater between 2 different brands of tires.

If you are not even that fast of a rider, don´t sweat it that much. The KXF is very good in the handling and suspension department stock. Ride it first to see if there is a specific problem, which I´m sure there is not.

Then try to find the correct settings with the stock parts. If you still after that need something more you can send the suspension out for a revalve.

The only thing it could possibly need for durability is stiffer clutch springs.

Yamaha YZ250F.......218

Kawasaki KX250F.....224

224-218= 6 or are you factoring in something else? Im sure the kx250f is probably an awesome bike stock. Mxa just scared me saying that you wouldnt be able to take the tightest line. I got a question for you guys though, what do aftermarket triple clamps do and why do they cost 500$ What does a linkage do? Im not saying im going to buy one i just want to know what those two things do and why you'd buy them

valving and spring are 2 difrent things,first you put the right springs on for your wt. then ride and see if you need the valving to be changed. you should be fine with just springs as i said the valving is good on the 2012.