Sign in to follow this  

Whats the best year for 300 under 6k$

I'm in the market for a 300 xc (the lightest out of the 300's) but only want to spend 6k u.s.d. I want something lighter than my 255lb 06 xc-g 450. I also want to have gobs of low end for up here in Colorado.

So what is the best year for these bikes? Did they start throwing in 6 speeds in 2010? How hard are they to find with a title for street use?

you should be able to get a 11 for that, heck come to nc Ill sell you my 11 for 6grand

Obviously the newer the better. If for whatever reason you cant find the newest, the 08-10 are physically the same. The 08 doesnt have the electric start or the better forks, the 09/10 do. No 6 speed on any of them till 2011, where they also recieve the updated body style. From 08-11, the motors are all virtually identical.

Any one of them would be a awesome bike, I had a 09 300 and it was pretty dam sweet.

if your willing to spend 6g i think it would be silly not to just get a brandnew one for alittle more. finance it and the payments will be low. forget the headache of used crap with unknown hours and maintenance, stripped bolts, worn parts etc

there is a lot of 06 and 07's going for 3-4k around here. I love the insane low pull of my 450 xc-g, so I don't know if the sx will compare to an xc for what I ride. Does the sx have different gear boxand timing? Is it meant to rap out for track? I need a Trials Bike with a seat and gas tank, not a mx jumper.

this sight is worse than the dealerships, maybe i should have said 2k and got talked up to what i wanted to spend. All offers aside, 08-10 xc or xc-w? Any thoughts? Is there a six days model made in those years?

I'd look for a 09-10 300 XC just because I'm a sucker for electric start! If you can find a 2011 used for that price, all the better (has 6 speed vs 5 speed tranny).

The dealer talks you up to make money. We're just looking out for you :smirk:.

My opinion is to pick up an 08+ 300 for around $3500-4500 and spend the rest of the money re-valving the suspension, freshening up the motor and chassis bearings. Then if you have any other cash left spend it on things you like to out fit your bike with, like for me its twin wall fat bars, tall soft seat and a steering stabilizer.

if you get an 08 you'll definitely need to revalve the forks (they suck). i will throw a vote in for my bike, an 06. mellower on the bottom for gnarly rocky stuff than the newer motors. i love it and plan on never parting with it.