Sign in to follow this  

2000 suzuki rm 125 electrode isue

Hello went out to day with my brother and a couple of friends practicing in a field. Ten minutes into the day my brother came back walking his bike :smirk: i was hoping he just ran out of fule but he said it cut out and sounded rough , and had lost compresion ( we rebuilt the bike not long ago it has proberly had 2 hours of ridding at the most ) so i wipped the hedder pipe off to take a look at the bore and piston and at the same time checked if anything was in the pipe and found a peice of steel and ameaditly thought the ring had broke or the electrode of the plug had broken off.

I had a peek at the piston and saw it had damage to the lip and looked as if it had been cought up with somthing (spark plugh electrode). So i wipped the plug out and found that the electrode had broke off :bonk: so now im wondering if its worth taking the head of and checking if the barrel has been scored due to the fact the lip of the piston looks the have incontact with the electrode.

Does any one know how this could of happend or had any experiance with this. the plug is brown so it is running ok with the mixture side of things but my brother does a 125 ml of oil to 5 liter of petrole instead of 150 ml of oil . Thanks Ian

I would pull the head and check if the piece got caught between the piston and one of the ports. If it did, it may need fixing as it will hit the piston again when you put a new one in. Or it may be gouged and need re-plating.The plug was just a bad luck thing. just happened to break at that time. Unless it's been in for years, then we can blame it on not changing it.

Just striped the hed off and its done some damage to the hed and barrel and piston , it has paeled the plating off showing the aluminium, i did some research and it is suposed to have a special plug its a ngk R6918B-8 specialy made for the kwak and suzi due to the way the engines power comes in. so he is gna fix it and sell it ( my brother) and give up on racing.

How did he learn to walk? Never fell down and got back up? Just because the bike breaks isn't a good reason to give up. Did he think he wouldn't ever have to fix anything on the bike? Sorry to see another rider gone.

Yha i know, thats whats i thought but he was upset about it so i can only hope he will come back round to sorting it out and just ride as our racing season starts in march so he has two months before our first meeting . He has had to spend abit of money on it before it was able to be ridden properly so im guessing it was all in the moment he had made his mind up and didnt think it through properly.