Sign in to follow this  

redbull no limits

looks like i will be able to watch it on espn online got a account just made up, thanks for the help

and now it wont work, says my isp is not supported. Worked once anyone else know where this might be streaming?

That jump really pissed me off. They showed everything but the actual jump lol. Great work.

i agree, the jump coverage sucked. i thought they were supposed to cross mid air? i thought i herd that from somewhere?

That was the worst live coverage ever!!! All the hype of the speed trials, Levi jogging all the way to his sled..and then never actually seeing the jump.....Nice job ESPN.

saw it on ESPN here in australia. 99% of the coverage was the lead up and 2 minutes of the jump. they followed them both down the run-up and then crossed to maddo as his wheels touched down. pretty bad coverage IMO

That jump really pissed me off. They showed everything but the actual jump lol. Great work.

Horrible camera work, just a crappy view of the bike alone.

Maddo said he needs more power to go further. Ok, so why suddenly change from the Service Honda AF500's that have been used in past jumps. He has also used YZ250's for some events. I did notice the announcer mention YZ450F in the broadcast so maybe advertisement? In a modified form, i have to believe the big lo' 5hundy would outmuscle even a built 450. He needs big power to get up to speed, and the lightest overall weight to fly farther. Seems he went the wrong direction to me?

^ money, he probably got payed a lot to ride the yz450f plus yamaha doesnt sell a 500 2 stroke so if he has a contract with yamaha, he cant ride honda

What a waste that was with the horrible coverage. During the live jump all you saw was the front wheel of the bike. 412 feet on a sled is insane though! Too bad the piss poor coverage ruined it. ESPN seems like it doesn't give a shit about motorsports anymore.

That iphone video is pretty good. I was there with my family and it got really foggy about 1 hour prior to the jump, which was screwing up the cameras as they were pretty far away. What I saw was they put other cameras up on temporary scissor lifts really close to the landing. I don't think they saw them coming from the other side and no way to get onto them so fast.

We were standing right at the base of the landing on the bike's side. I've never been to a jump before and it was really cool. It was free and they were passing out free red bulls all night. They had a jumbo tron to watch the launch side from, as soon as they launched on the tv, I turned to the landing and they were there. I'm glad they both landed it. Maddo's bike used a lot of engergy on rebound when he went off the ramp, so a lesser angle on the launch would've worked better for him. The sled was 450# so most of it's energy went ahead instead of up. That' sled is fast, he started 3 sec after the bike because of how fast it comes up to speed, serious traction.

They were never supposed to cross in the air. Maddo's motor was built by JGR racing he said too. :bonk:

I use to race Levi in snocross, he has always been a showman even when he was semipro. Some national events the race director would scoled the pros that they did not play to the crowed enough that Levi in the semi pro was doing it all. The sled probably weighs in at 435 with gas and has around 180 hp. They have not used 800s in snocross since 07 but that would have been a good nmber back then. He also had traction screws installed into his track, wonder if they could do that for the bike?