Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Great Customer Service

About 3 weeks before Christmas my wife ordered a set of Bullet Proof Designs radiator guards for my bike. On Christmas morning they weren't under the tree. She told me she ordered them and they never arrived. So, on Christmas morning I emailed Bullet Proof Designs thinking that someone may have intercepted the delivery off my porch. Within an hour on Christmas morning Nate Scott @ BPD replies stating they were out of stock until the week before xmas and mine weren't shipped. He said he would get them delivered first thing when he returned to work. Yesterday a package arrived with my rad guards. To make up for the late delivery Nate included a black anodized disk guard at no charge!!!

As far as quality goes, my BPD rad guards on my other bike were scratched up but intact and straight with no damage to the radiator after going down, hitting roots and rocks and completely ripping off the shroud. Without the guards I'm sure my radiator would have been trashed with the shroud.

Bullet Proof Designs... Great product and customer service. :bonk:

Good to know. They have nice solid products, 1st rate warranty too.

You know, it seems that we hear a lot about people who have customer service nightmares.

It is refreshing to hear that someone is really pleased with a company.

I've never used the product but can't understand how not shipping something until you emailed them is good customer service. Sounds like they had them in stock a week before Christmas but chose not to ship them until you asked about them.

The least they should have done is let you know you wouldn't have them for Christmas considering the time of year they were ordered.

I've never used the product but can't understand how not shipping something until you emailed them is good customer service. Sounds like they had them in stock a week before Christmas but chose not to ship them until you asked about them.

The least they should have done is let you know you wouldn't have them for Christmas considering the time of year they were ordered.

Kind of what i was thinking but they did make up for it with free stuff. Heard good things about them. Running a small biz in this economy is a big challenge. Cash flow, inventory, manpower, etc.

can't understand how not shipping something until you emailed them is good customer service.

You have a point but my take is as long as we live in an imperfect world there will always be mistakes. How mistakes are handled makes the difference and in this case I think it was top notch. A response within an hour on Christmas morning, absolutely no additude at all, very appologetic and a free disk guard to make up for the mistake. I will shop there again.

They did make up for it. If you are happy that is what matters since you are the customer.

I'm usually on the wrong end of the conversation and get to explain why we screwed up to a PO customer.:smirk:

You have a point but my take is as long as we live in an imperfect world there will always be mistakes. How mistakes are handled makes the difference and in this case I think it was top notch. A response within an hour on Christmas morning, absolutely no additude at all, very appologetic and a free disk guard to make up for the mistake. I will shop there again.

+1

Running a small business is a huge challenge and not for the faint of heart. you are right, it isn't the lack of mistakes that will set a company apart from the rest it is how mistakes are handled that will really make them shine!